Unlocked Verizon LG G3 to T-Mobile APN Settings?

I purchased an unlocked Verizon LG G3. I am trying to figure out what APN settings to use. I have searched all over and various other threads suggests different settings. Here are the issues I have in most of the settings I've used: Poor signal, Internet but unable to download MMS, or no internet but text service. So what settings do I use??

Here is what I have now:

Name: T-Mobile US LTE

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not Set

Password: Not Set

Server:Not Set

MMSC:Not Set

MMS Proxy:Not set

MCC:310

MNC:260

Authentication Type: Not set

APN Type: not set

APN Protocol:IPv4/IPv6

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

MMSC:  http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

APN type:  default, supl, mms

Try those changes

• chimpanzee

I just got a replacement Verizon LG G3, to replace my dying T-Mobile LG G3 (notorious fade to black screen

I'm able to get 4G LTE network, fast browsing speeds. However, using phone (after delay) drops to 2G (sometimes 3G) -- unacceptable! Tried HOURS to fix it, to no avail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh4CZOUXjTY

Others have experienced the same

"I am able to get 4G with no issue but when imake calls it's horrible. The phone will drop for like 10 seconds and then people sound robotic. Lots of static. I noticed that during the call the 4g turns off and the signal is at 1x or g. Any one know how to fix this"

Anyone know of a solution?

BTW, (text) SMS works..but not MMS (picture messaging). Can't send OR receive pics.  Again, HOURS of debugging..to no avail

Help?

Voicemail (using Verizon app) obviously doesn't work.  Is there a 3rd party voicemail app that would work?

At this point, I'm about to bail..just get a (factory refurb) T-Mobile LG G3 -- way less hassle

• magentatechie

Name: T-Mobile

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

Multimedia message proxy: Not set

Multimedia message port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,supl,mms,xcap

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Turn APN on/off: APN turned on (this is grayed out)

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type: None

Mobile virtual network operator value: Not set (this is grayed out)

Please try the above settings and see if it works any better for you.  And if you are able to remove all other APN options from your phone, do so.

Also, for Voicemail, you should be able to download the Visual Voicemail (T-Mobile branded) application from the Play Store.  Have you updated the OS on your G3?  I'm not 100% sure what the minimum requirements to use T-Mobile's VVM app would be, but it's worth a shot.

• chimpanzee

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I tried the new settings, MMS still doesn't work -- I can't receive pics.  In text app I see "downloading" (the image), but it doesn't display (or store, say in GalleryDownloads)

The OS is Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). Tryiing to update fails (it's trying to do it over Verizon..can't)

THe phone "bumping down to 2G/3G is the main issue.. No VoLTE like in T-Mo LG G3

• magentatechie

As far as the texting goes, have you tried using a different app? I recently started using Textra and I actually really like it.  (Android Messages decided that I couldn't have Dark Mode anymore and I was rather spoiled by having it).  I was just curious to see if you're able to get the MMS through a different app or if it makes a difference at all.

As far as the drop to 2G/3G, did you try removing the other APN setting options except for the T-Mobile one?  It also might sound a bit wonky, but you could try adjusting the APN Type.  I've seen others have success by clearing it entirely, some folks have to add things such as default,mms,fota,hipri,supl,xcap

It's worth playing with anyway, I suppose.  If all else fails, I'd make sure the T-Mobile SIM is still inserted and perform a factory reset, then put in the new APN, delete the old ones, and try again.  I'm sorry I wasn't more help!

• chimpanzee

As far as the drop to 2G/3G, did you try removing the other APN setting options except for the T-Mobile one?

There isn't any other one, except for the new APN setting (for T-Mo)

I tried the new APN settings "default,mms,fota,hipri,supl,xcap" .. no go.  4G LTE has always worked fine, starting with "default,mms,supl"

I've been using the Verizon branded SMS app, then tried "Messaging" app (old fave).  I then tried Textra..no go