3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2015 8:14 PM by tforce_melissaj RSS

SD Card how to save apps to it? Not acting as default storage.

I installed an 8 GB SD card on my ZTE 667T from TMobile but even though i can see it in storage, erase it, unmount it, etc, it's useless since i cannot download apps or anything on the SD Card. TMobile says once installed the SD card becomes the default storage but that's not true in my case.

SD Card works fine i can sace files from Laptop to it.

• 1. Re: SD Card how to save apps to it? Not acting as default storage.
          smplyunprdctble

Android will never use SD card as a default to download apps.  Apps need to make it to internal memory first.

Not all apps can be moved to SD card.  If an app will not let you move, there's nothing that can be done.

It's not recommended to run apps from SD card as SD cards are significantly slower than internal memory (think of it as the equivalent of running off floppy drive vs hard drive, but not as extreme). 

• 2. Re: SD Card how to save apps to it? Not acting as default storage.

I'm not able to move any App at all, when I get in Manage Apps and then into any App (Skype, Whatsapp, Google Maps, Youtube) none of them have the option to move to SD (again, the SD card is recognized and listed in Storage I have formatted it twice from the phone to test, have uploaded data from laptop to it).

I can't even get camera photos to download to the SD card. Basically it's useless.

• 3. Re: SD Card how to save apps to it? Not acting as default storage.

Hey mmarquez! This is Melissa from T-Force. We want you to have the best, most useful working device possible and I'm happy to help you get to the bottom of this. First, Ill have you check out this link to see if any of these steps help. You can follow the link here: Can't access files on a memory card

If those didn't work, you may want to try clearing the camera app cache, you can find the steps below.

Android 4.0 and higher

1. From the Setting menu, touch Apps or Application Manager.
                Note: This may be on the More tab
              2. Verify the All tab is selected.
              3. Find and touch the desired application.
              4. Touch Clear Cache and Clear Data.

Android 2.2 / 2.3

1. From the Home screen, press Menu.
              2. Touch Settings.
              3. Touch Applications.
              4. Touch Manage Applications.
              5. Verify the All tab is selected.
              6. Find and touch the desired application.
              7. Touch Clear Cache and Clear Data.

Android 2.1

2. Touch Settings.
              3. Touch Applications.
              5. Press Menu.
              6. Touch Filter.
              7. Touch All.
              8. Find and touch the desired application.
              9. Touch Clear Cache and Clear Data.

Android 1.5 / 1.6

2. Touch Settings.
              3. Touch Applications.
              5. Find and touch the desired application.
              6. Touch Clear Cache and Clear Data.

If you need further assistance, please contact us on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be glad to assist you!

T-Mobile Facebook

T-Mobile USA (@TMobileHelp) | Twitter