4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2015 5:49 AM by sp33drcr23 RSS

5GHz wifi doesn't work

Hello everyone,

I have been using the Tmobile CellSpot router for about 8 months now, and everything was working properly. Just today, I can't seem to connect my phone to 5GHz wifi. It was working fine yesterday, now all over the sudden it doesn't work. Only 2.4GHz and ethernet are working right now.

I tried to connect on the Galaxy Note 4, iPad Air 2, and the iPhone 6 Plus (all support 5GHz wifi), doesn't seem to work.

I tried restarting the router and my cable modem, and tried resetting the router, it doesn't seem to work either. Now I am being forced to use the 2.4GHz band right now, I can't seem to fix the 5GHz wifi problem. Should I ask for a return?

• 1. Re: 5GHz wifi doesn't work

Hey ipwn3r456

I am to hear that it appears that your router has stopped working all of the sudden for the 5GHz band. We can certainly look into a replacement for you. Can you please contact us at 611 from a T-Mobile device or 1-800-937-8997, contact us on our Facebook page or tag @T-MobileHelp on Twitter so we can get more details and get this done for you? Thanks!

• 2. Re: 5GHz wifi doesn't work
            drnewcomb2

Have you tried backing up the settings, doing a complete factory reset then testing the router, first without reloading the settings, then with the settings reloaded?

• 3. Re: 5GHz wifi doesn't work
              tforce_keith_m

It's been over 36 hours since our last comment so we are now marking this post as assumed answered. You can continue to post, and other community users may respond, but if you would like assistance from T-Mobile or T-Force, please create a new discussion.

• 4. Re: 5GHz wifi doesn't work

Just wanted to do an update if no one figured it out already. There was someone on another topic that suggested to turn off the 4G LTE Signal Booster from T-Mobile if you have one. It worked for whatever reason. My 5GHz is back. I asked T-Mobile to replace my Wifi Booster cause I thought there was something wrong with my router, but it seems like the Signal Booster interferes with the Wifi Booster.