Does Ultra mobile sim card works in T-mobile?

Can I use Ultra mobile sim card in T mobile? Ultra mobile runs on T mobile network. I do not want to change my operator and get this amazing phone.

All replies

• e2k

If it uses the same bands (frequencies) as TMO, then the phone will work provided that it is unlocked. If the phone is locked, it will not operate with a different carrier's SIM card.

• smplyunprdctble

It's probably based on the agreement between the MVNO Ultra (who I've never heard of, but that means nothing) and T-Mobile.

I can tell you that Walmart Family Mobile plans (powered by T-Mobile) do let locked T-Mobile phones on their network.

I think that's the advantage of StraightTalk as well -- you don't need to be unlocked if you pick the carrier of the phone you have (keyword is think)

So, there's a good chance that if Ultra is a T-Mobile MVNO you don't need it unlocked.  Easiest test?  Find someone with a T-Mobile branded phone that's not unlocked (if they don't understand then it's probably not unlocked) and pup your Ultra SIM in it.  You may even be able to hop into a T-Mobile store and borrow an employee's device to test it.  Especially if you are intent on purchasing a device, they'll probably be more helpful.