3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2015 5:24 PM by tforce_nicole_h RSS

Looking for Help to Unlock My iPhone 6 in Indonesia

Good afternoon from Indonesia, everyone!

I left the U.S. for good on July 1st. In April, way in advance, before I went home, I paid off all of my T-Mobile bills and then requested to unlock my SIM so that I can use my iPhone 6 in the UK and Indonesia.

This is the email that I received in April after my request in April:

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
      Sim Unlock Reference:  8051681
      IMEI:  ***************

Unlock Code:  See below

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. 24 hours after receiving this email follow the below instructions for unlocking your T-Mobile iPhone.

If a non-T-Mobile SIM card is available:
      1. Insert the SIM into the iPhone.
      2. Complete the setup process.

If a non-T-Mobile SIM card is not available:
      1. Connect your device to a computer running iTunes.
      2. Complete a backup of the device information using iTunes.
      3. Disconnect the iPhone from the computer.
      4. Complete a master reset using the Erase All Content and Settings option.
      5. Once the master reset has completed, reconnect the iPhone to the computer.
      Note: Do NOT complete the initial setup process prior to plugging the device in.
      6. When successfully unlocked, the message Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked will appear.
      Note: It may take a few minutes for this message to appear.
      7. Complete a restore of the device information.
      If your iPhone doesn't unlock, complete a backup through iTunes or iCloud and follow these steps:

If your request is for a non-T-Mobile iPhone the instructions listed will not work. You’ll need to contact the Carrier that the device is from for assistance.

Thank You,

Customer Service
      T-Mobile USA, Inc.

I am quite certain that in order to unlock my wireless device, I have to have an unlock code. Unfortunately, the email that I received did not contain an Unlock Code. In that section, they just wrote "See Below."

My questions are:

1. How can I get an Unlock Code for my device?
      2. Does this email indicate that my unlock request was accepted or denied?
      3. Should this email indicates that my request was accepted, how difficult is the process to unlock my device with a non-T-Mobile SIM Card? -- I will be using an Indonesian SIM Card and I am planning to do this on Monday (July 6th).

Looking forward to hearing your comments and help points, guys! Thank you