Sick of all the LIES!!!

lets see the boys and girls over at T-Mobile lie their way out of this one….

software updates – Sony Xperia™ Z3 T-Mobile support (United States)

According to these guys, 5.0 is out and ready….. so why is T-mobile keeping it from us and spinning lies thats its in manufacturers development, when its CLEARLY not…..EVERY OTHER Z3 has gotten the update DaFuq?!?!

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Sick of all the LIES!!!

People look at the release date... Dead give away it's an error on Sony. 5.0 itself in stock form wasn't available then.

• Actually that says that we're still on Kitkat 4.4, maybe Sony is starting to work on giving it to us since they updated that page. I dont blame everyone, I think I'm done with Sony too. All this waiting and no updates on their progress? It's like theyre stalling for no reason. I'm starting to feel like they don't care about their consumers.

• tidbits

dj.dgliglt wrote:

Actually that says that we're still on Kitkat 4.4, maybe Sony is starting to work on giving it to us since they updated that page. I dont blame everyone, I think I'm done with Sony too. All this waiting and no updates on their progress? It's like theyre stalling for no reason. I'm starting to feel like they don't care about their consumers.

If they are adding band 12 to the update then I can see why the delay.  FCC needs to test and approve it.  This can take weeks to months depending on what's on the FCC docket.

For example if the company I work for submits something we move to the front of the line(we have government contracts), and if we end up getting the same guys that is testing the Xperia Z3 update then they'll wait(often our updates take 2 weeks to 4 months).  Just some food for thought.

Sony AOSP project with Google they found out the FCC approval process can take anywhere from 2 months to 6 months.

• Re: Sick of all the LIES!!!

So why did Sony pull away from selling the Z3 temporarily then brings it back and also why work on the Z1s when both lollipop versions for the Z1s and Z3 were released from Sony to you guys at the same damn time and still have it already on testing on the Z1s and the Z3 nothing are you kidding me. So you @#$% every one that already bought the Z3 right,not give them a update period and put it on standby during the stop sale of Z3s, Both T mobile and Sony have @#$#%ed up royally on this one. Any answers on this one, any any hmmm. Ruined the whole damn experience of having this phone the reason I got this phone is because last year when I bought from you guys that the Lollipop was going to be released sometime in the up coming weeks, they were releasing lollipop for this phone back In January was the original release and it was actually around earlier than that with Sony.... So Im getting that this was all treated like it was the first Iphone when it came to updates very seldom and when ever you guys felt like it, thanks....Any thing else is just excuses...
              I agree with Punk you guys are lying, tech sites indicate that you guys had the update since earlier this year and I ask Sony Customer Support and they said it was in your hands technically it was both but either way your'e both lying....

• e2k

Right. TMO is lying. The low-level person you claimed to have spoken to at Sony was correct. Tidbids (a seasoned developer) is wrong when he cites FCC dockets. He must be lying too, along with the FCC.

Glad I know who is lying and who knows the truth

PS, Can we get a dislike button up, or will that take 6 months too.

• rockstar2005

Its not that I dont like or dislike or beleive or dont believe what others say, who dont work for Tmobile, its about that i am paying for a service that keeps giving many customers the run around and not answering themselves about what the heck is going on. Its all cool and dandy to help out Tmobile but the thing is they have not been giving straight up answers themselves, Sure they got alot of posts to answer but regardless it all looks as if they are not being properly trained to respond to whats going on or not given the information that they need to pass along to their customers. It SEEMS as if they dont want to answer their customers and that makes poeple upset. maybe lying is being used to losely point of the matter is their clueless answers provide no real answer up until what this past week. Who the hell is going to know what sony is doing....hm Tmobile can provide that answer but they seem to be getting paid to post a link, that does their job for them on the status of the update. Thats not an answer its redirecting. Now if someone proffesionally posted a collaborative post between Sony and Tmobile, there wouldnt be all this asking and asking and thrashing,thats why I say its both their faults, how ever you want to look at it, one is taking the heat for the other and making it look like its partially responsible by half answers and the other for not announcing to the carriers about what should be past along, they cant give an actual date ok, just say hey its our fault we apologize this is what happened and were going to work promptly on it, etc....
                      Nothing against you guys but customers arent paying you guys to answer, theyre paying tmobile....

• tidbits

IF it's in FCC hands how are they going to tell you when... unrealistic expectations if you ask me...

• e2k

jdelcampo wrote:

Nothing against you guys but customers arent paying you guys to answer, theyre paying tmobile....

Write me a check & I'll give you an answer.

• theartiszan

I don't accept checks.

Cash only

Is there an article somewhere that explains how different the tmobile variant could be that it is getting extra delayed by these supposed test and what not that other carriers have gotten through already? and Must there be such big "hardware" variations?

T-mobile variant supports band 12 LTE (700mghz) spectrum …. supposedly

thats whats been holding back this update, but who the hell actually knows

• tidbits

When you look at the old certifications band 12 was never tested. When you look at Sony white paper it says the device supports Band 12. On T-Mobile band 12 was missing. A while back T-Mobile I believe it was Des(not 100% sure) said that the Z3 supported band 12. So without that FCC testing the Z3 can't use band 12.  T-Mobile wants that support so it has to go to the FCC.

So then whats the real story? tmobs band 12 is already active in some areas. the phone has support for it, and was largely speculated that this huge delay was due to tmobs getting the necessary fcc approval

• tidbits

FCC approval which would fall under manufacturer development could take up to 6 months and is dictated on how much the FCC has to do. An example the firm I work for we move to the front of the line of we ever submit anything(DoD contract), and if the guys testing the Z3 would stop and then say our project took them 3 weeks well the Z3 delay is 3 weeks. The Sony/Google AOSP project showed from start carrier testing took up to 8 months while carrier testing averaged 2 weeks barring something catastrophic happens(security flaw that will hurt the network is found for example). So you can believe what you want but I'll believe the paper trail and personal experience over what some clickbait website says. They'll often say what others said and go for the click for $ as negativity makes them money.

And yet… the Z1s is now getting the 5.0.2 update….. totally skipped the Z3…wtf

• tidbits

Z1S doesn't support Band 12... Just saying...

• rockstar2005

The Z1s isn't listed on T-Mobile's list of phones getting Band 12/700 MHz low band spectrum (which helps penetrates buildings for better INDOOR reception, much like the other coveted low bandwidth spectrum, 600 MHz). But the Z3 is, AND it says May 2015, so I'm still holding out for Lollipop to come THIS WEEK, or latest NEXT WEEK.

http://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/coverage-phones-700.html

We'll see! lol But this is T-Mobile's list not Sony's, so I'm not AS worried about it.

• ….almost all those phones have the 5.0 AND band 12 update except the z3….

so its obviously not a case of band 12 thats holding back this update

• tidbits

You don't know how it works... Band 12 is independent of the update. The Z3 was NEVER tested at release. They can't make it work WITHOUT FCC approval. Z1S doesn't have band 12 support and never will so it doesn't need FCC approval for band 12. So why does it need FCC testing for it?

• rockstar2005

Almost isn't all of them, so obviously it may very well be the Band 12 update causing the hold up. The fact that they put May 2015 tells you something. At least 2 other phones on there don't have it, and they don't even have an ETA month listed either, just "2015". May 2015 sounds a lot better to me than just 2015. lol

• I caught the end of this discussion. That Band 12 LTE support is primarily what's holding up our Z3 from Lollipop fruition.

• rockstar2005

That seems to be the case Sonydude123.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ALSO got Lollipop AFTER the Note 3 did.................. and guess which one DIDN'T get Band 12 support and which one did? lol Get it now people?! The newer phones are getting more but it takes more time to put it all together.

• That's so true! Haha I don't mind the wait as much if as many problems as lollipop has been having can be cured along with the additional fixes the Z3 has had issues with; such as "ok google" recording error caught by the camera and VoLTE. I would think, though, that since the newest phone did release, that's the first thing on a company's agenda to update, but so much other future proof capabilities (such as band 12) are incorporated, they need the wait time to fully accomplish their goal for their phones.

• rockstar2005

Yeah I had to turn off VoLTE on my Z3 in order for the Smart Call Handling and MMS messages to work/process properly. Annoying.

I heard on Lollipop the camera's ISO setting (in Manual Mode) needs to be increased in order to compensate. I leave it on 200 now, but after Lollipop I've been told Auto will be better.

I really want Band 12/700 MHz, but even when we get it, in Chicago, T-Mobile has to settle an issue over available bandwidth with Channel 50/51 WPWR in the area (this is an issue in several other cities where WPWR exists). It sux b/c I have no idea how long it will take for it to happen. That low 600 and 700 MHz bandwidth is vital to penetrating through buildings for better INDOOR reception, an issue that T-Mobile is finally taking care of. I believe within the next couple years T-Mobile will be a much stronger competitor to AT&T and Verizon than it even is now. I give John Legere much of that credit.

• Yea, I had to do similar with my VoLTE and turn my "ok google" recording on any screen off cuz my camera displayed an error message. Fixes that should be on its way with lollipop.

I understand your frustration. As far as the 600 MHz, Fcc isn't cooperating with T-mobile too well so let's definitely not get our hopes up. I do believe the same thing though, that t-mobile will be a powerhouse to be reckoned with. Just takes time.

• rockstar2005

Yeah I really hope they fix that VoLTE issue affecting MMS and Smart Call Handling. I'd like to be able to turn it back on again, esp when I'm in downtown (Chicago) where it's avail (not avail in Chicago suburbs where I live just yet).

Yes the FCC isn't expected to rule in T-Mobile's favor regarding their request for more airwaves to be set aside for T-Mobile and Sprint to purchase, but hopefully they do. But even so, we'll still walk away with "some" low-band spectrum I believe from next year's auction. How much remains to be determined.

• I'm sure it will be fixed considering a firmware update. Yea we should, 700 MHz is slowly making its way available which is a definite plus. That channel 51 interference is what is causing a lot of the frequency delays.

• rockstar2005

I sure hope so! Would be nice to get confirmation on that.

Yeah it is. So annoying b/c when I'm in a building with a lot of concrete or just deep inside, I don't always get the best signal, or in some rare occurrences, ANY signal. Was in this club in downtown Chicago called Unititled......... you walk in and have to go downstairs. Awesome club, but I'm in there, and my friend who has crappy Sprint has a full signal (though EVERY other Sprint person I know, even who has same phone as him, has multiple reception etc issues with Sprint), but I got NO signal at all. I HATE that! lol I know that if I had 700 MHz (and prob 600 too) I'd prob be ok. I'll get the update this week with Lollipop it seems, but it won't matter until Channel 50/51 issue is resolved. F!! lol

• regretfulcustomer

lies are quite common from t mobile .

the only thing they told me when i caught them was , maybe another carrier is better.

follow their own advise and start looking elsewhere good luck