1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2015 6:17 PM by jayesh_amin RSS

When is my S4 getting lollipop?

When is my S4 getting the lollipop update? ATT is getting theirs. ATT also updated the S3 to KitKat, TMobile did not. I sincerely hope TMobile isn't planning on skipping over the S4 for the lollipop update. If that is the case I will never buy another phone from TMobile again. This will be the second phone that TMobile decided to skip for an update when other carriers have released the update to their customers. When will the S4 lollipop update be pushed?

• 1. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?
          e2k

S4 is not even listed as being in manufacturer development, so it will be a while. Talk to Samsung, as the ball is in their court. TMO (and all other carriers) does not estimate firmware release dates.

• 2. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

Not listed on TMobiles site maybe but ATT is already pushing the lollipop update to the S4.

Galaxy S4 On AT&T Gets Android Lollipop OTA Software Update

AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S4 is now receiving Lollipop update - GSMArena.com news

AT&T is rolling out Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for its Samsung Galaxy S4 | Android Central

Will TMobile S4 owners get the update or will TMobile skip over the S4 as they have done in the past with the S3 and KitKat? S4 owners in other countries have already received the lollipop update for the S4 (yes I realize there are different models/variants) so like I stated, not listed on TMobiles site as being in manufacturers devolopment is obvious. Not being in manufacturer development at all? I don't think so. So will we get the S4 lollipop update or not?

• 3. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?
              e2k

The software update page contains the only information that TMO will disclose.

• 4. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

So basically T Mobile is going to drag their feet and then decide not to release it exactly like they did for the S3 and kitkat. I will not be purchasing any more devices from T-Mobile. You would have to be a fool to do so. It's so obvious what T-Mobile is trying to do. Sneaky and underhanded business practice no doubt. Oh well, at least I know. No lollipop for the T-Mobile S4 folks!

• 5. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?
                  e2k

I have an S3 myself, and was running KitKat before I switched to T-Mobile. I don't miss it. I could upgrade to 5.1 tonight if I wanted to, yet I see no point in doing so. All it would mean is that I'd have to reconfigure my home screens & other customizations and would lose wifi calling in the process.

What specific features in Lollipop do you want that you don't currently have?

• 6. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

I like that when a call is received it doesn't cover the whole screen while an app is open. Also I like that you can swipe through the settings screens. I may be wrong but I believe lollipop uses less system resources to operate. I'm sure I'm missing a few things that I will remember later. No big deal. I believe T-Mobile does this so people will buy new phones but nothing I can do without installing a custom ROM. Oh well. Thanks.

• 7. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

Samsung said that it has released the Lollipop Update to T-Mobile back in March.

• 8. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?
                        theartiszan

Where did you see that?

I never saw such news.

Samsung was barely finished with the s5 update then.

I doubt that sad accurate.

• 9. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

I sure hope so and I also hope that T-Mobile releases the update to it's customers. T-Mobile did not release the KitKat update to the S3 and other carriers did.

• 10. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

I called Samsung Support this evening and they have released it but because of many bugs it was pulled and is in the process of being re released to Carriers this Month, then it's up to T-Mobile to add there bloatware and release to SGS4 owners.

My chat session also

Me: My Question is Will T-Mobiles Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 get the New Samsung Touchwiz and Android Lollipop Update?

Freddie: Yes, the device will get the Samsung Touchwiz and Android Lollipop Update.

• 11. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

Thank you sir. You have cheered me up! I appreciate the news.

• 12. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

ATT already released lollipop to their S4 customers. Check out the links in an earlier post.

• 13. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

I just contacted Samsung Support and this is what I got:

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Roxana'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125603645215X

Roxana: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor: Hello I have just one question.

Visitor: I own a Galaxy S4 M919 TMobile. I am wondering if it will get the new touchwiz update and the lollipop update. Thank you

Roxana: Thank you for the model number.

Roxana: I'll provide you with the required update information.

Roxana: As of now, this device  operates on Android version 4.4.4, KitKat (M919UVUFNK2).

Roxana: The Samsung Customer Care team cannot speculate on when a future software update may be released and can provide information only on available updates in the U.S. When a new update is made available you'll receive an alert on your phone or informed by your carrier.

Roxana: We will also relay news about software releases on our Twitter® and Facebook® pages. You may follow us on Twitter @SamsungSupport.

Visitor: OK I don't need to know when. I was just asking if it will get the updates.

Roxana: Here in live technical support we cannot speculate when/if an update will be made available. We're only authorized to provide correct information. Providing incorrect information may lead to incorrect or false information.

Roxana: Please check for periodic updates on your phone from the settings>>About device>>Software updates.

Roxana: I wish I could have surely provided you the update details if we had any information of the future updates.

Visitor: OK thanks I only want to know if my Samsung device will be updated or not. Is there a department that can answer this for me? I understand that you are not allowed to so please understand I'm not complaining only asking.

Roxana: Yes, I understand that you're asking whether there will be a new update for your device. However, there is no department which can provide you with the exact update information. The software updates are pushed by the carrier and this may differ from one carrier to another. If you would like, I can help you to file a ticket and with the ticket number, contact our dedicated voice support team to check with further information.

Visitor: OK yes thank you.

• 14. Re: When is my S4 getting lollipop?

I talked to Samsung today and they said it was completely up to the carrier. This is VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TMOBILE! The least you can do is give us a simple answer, yes it's going to get the update or no it is not getting the update. WE WILL NOT BE PURCHASING ANOTHER PHONE FROM TMOBILE!!!!

1 2 Previous Next