Spaceballs II

tidbits

A part of me wants Rick to come back so we can get a sequel. I at times thought of starting a petition to see if it could change Rick Moranis to change his mind.

Mel Brooks Considers 'Spaceballs II,' But Only With Rick Moranis - Spinoff Online - TV, Film, and Entertainment News Dai…

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Spaceballs II

This made me end up going down the proverbial internet bunny hole as to why Rick Moranis stopped acting. Sad reasons, but it does also look like he doesn't want to be on camera again. Which makes me sad, I want Spaceballs II so bad.

• tidbits

He didn't quit acting. He persued another career after his kids were old enough to take care of themselves. He did go on record he didn't quit acting just haven't found the right part.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tmo_lauren

Ahh, the interview I was reading with him pretty much said he was done. I hope yours is the true version!

• tidbits

Yah I think that interview I understood it differently than most people.  If he was flat out not wanting to return to acting he would have said so, and be upfront about it.  It was the only question in that interview he wasn't straight out answering.  He gave an open ended response like if he does come back he doesn't want to do the kind of stuff he was doing prior to him leaving acting which gives me reason if he does come back he wouldn't do a Spaceballs sequel.

1 of 1 people found this helpful