Trouble accessing home ip cameras while on mobile network HTC(M8)

I have ip cameras at home that I am unable to access while on mobile data. The problem seems to be with the mobile network access point settings. If I select "Reset to default" under APNs I am able to access the cameras for a short period of time but after several minutes I can no longer access them and I get the message "Webpage not available" The problem is not with the cameras as I am still able to access them from my other phone without issue. When I compare the APN settings from the time I reset them to default to the time I am no longer able to access my cameras, nothing seems to have changed. I was going to create a new APN with "APN protocol" set to IPv4/IPv6 as the default is only IPv6, but from what I understand this will not work as it will revert back to the default APN and I'm not even sure IPv6 is the problem.

All replies

• Well, I believe I have fixed my own problem. I went ahead and created a new APN setting APN protocol to IPv4/IPv6 instead of just IPv6 (using T-Mobile's own instructions) and sure enough, a few seconds after I selected the newly created APN it would revert back to the default locked APN. After digging though a few other forums elsewhere, someone pointed out that unless you specify "default" under APN type it will always revert back to the stock one (T-Mobile's instructions say to leave this field blank). Well this seemed to have done the trick as I am now able to access my cameras and the new APN has stayed selected after several hours and a couple restarts. Also of note, after this I was only getting 4g but not LTE. Adding "admin" under APN type gave me LTE back. So I copied the entire string from the default APN type which is "default,mms,supl,admin,hipri". T-Mobile supposedly automatically converts IPv4 addresses to IPv6 but apparently doesn't do such a good job on devices that host there own server where you have to use a specific port and log in with a name and password.

• HI MIKE,

i have the exact same problem, works one provide but not on the other, i read your post tried the same but am very bad at IT so was hoping if you can help me with the step by step to fix this, will really appreciate, have a family back home so was the porpuse of the ipcam.

I have an samsung s3

thanks in advance

• I'm not overly familiar with Samsung phones but it really depends on what version of android you are running and the hardware capabilities of the phone. Also, are you only trying to use the phone only on the T-Mobile network or on other networks as well? And was your S3 purchased through T-Mobile or another carrier?

• Dear Mike,  Its a galxy s3 Anroid 4.3, sorry i dint mention,im using a KSA (saudi) network provider called Mobily, my S3 was purchasedindependently from a authentic retailer and not on any contract as such, also I have attached the apn setting screen shots, hope you could assist, if not,  Thank you so much for time in repling 

To: Rehan <rehancrest@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:33 AM

Subject:  - Trouble accessing home ip cameras while on mobile network HTC(M8)

T-Mobile Support Community

Trouble accessing home ip cameras while on mobile network HTC(M8)

created by mike469x in HTC One (M8) - View the full discussionI'm not overly familiar with Samsung phones but it really depends on what version of android you are running and the hardware capabilities of the phone. Also, are you only trying to use the phone on the T-Mobile network or on other networks as well? And was your S3 purchased through T-Mobile or another carrier? Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support Start a new discussion in HTC One (M8) by email or at T-Mobile Support Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

• nhp

I have the EXACT same issue as original poster. TMOBILE, iphone6, linksys wvc210 IP cameras at home, linksys EA4500 router at home. Around Christmas 2016, using my LIVECAMS PRO 4.5.5.

SUMMARY: from non-wifi, could no longer access my cameras using that app. been in contact with app developer who confirmed TMOBILE switched to IPV6 from IPV4.

He told me this

T-Mobile users and IPV6 networks:

T-Mobile no longer supports IPV4, which will break your DDNS or IPV4 network connections unless you add an

AAAA" record on your dns host configuration. For users of No-ip.org this video explains how to configure IPV6

: http://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/create-hostname-ipv6-address-aaaa-record-support-question-day/

I'm not super tech saavy, but Im currently exploring my router and IPV6. Will update if I get it working and would appreciate the same.

Thx

nhp