Why is my LTE so slow?

For the past two weeks, my internet on my iPad has been very slow. I use speed test.net to test my connection speed and I am always pulling less than 1mb download speed. I have tried restarting the iPad, airplane mode on/off, logging into my account through the settings. Nothing has worked for me. This is a daily issue, it doesn't matter at what time. Even on my Nexus 5, when I do a speed test there, I get similar results. What is up with T-Mobile. I was not having any issues, and now I can't even open up Instagram without having to wait a while for all the images to load up. Any solutions?

All replies

• ed60

Re: Why is my LTE so slow?

what data plans you have for both of your devices? they could have been throttled if you don't have unlimited data

• Re: Why is my LTE so slow?

For my phone, I have the 1 GB plan, and for my iPad I have the 5 GB plan. I have checked on both devices, and I have not gone over, so if my data is being throttled, there must be a mistake. Thanks for the reply.

• ed60

Re: Why is my LTE so slow?

you're welcome, if your usage on both devices is so close to your data cap still you could have been throttled sometimes the way a device reads the usage doesn't match 100% the carrier's reading but if you called the customer service you can find out