1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2015 1:09 PM by tforce_andrew_g RSS

No Service error message

- I Just arrived in Mexico and cannot access cell service, internet works fine--Iphone 6Plus

Top Left shows no bars and No Service message.

• 1. Re: No Service error message
          drnewcomb2

No bars and no service but Internet works? Are you on WiFi? If you have WiFi calling, you can call +1-505-998-3793 to talk to the international roaming support team. This is a free call from your T-Mobile phone.

Are you on a postpaid Simple Choice plan? Try sending "#RON#".

• 2. Re: No Service error message

I do have wifi but cannot enable wifi calling on the phone,  I tried,,, any suggestions ?

• 3. Re: No Service error message

Let me rephrase last, Wifi calling is clicked on, but will not engage.

From what I read on net, it needs to be connected with a provider as well ??

So, since no service for phone, no wifi calling either.

I did try

• 4. Re: No Service error message

Data Roaming = ON

Carrier Setting = Automatic

I did reset network settings.

I did power down, several times and restart

• 5. Re: No Service error message

#ron#  = error message not delivered

• 6. Re: No Service error message

I am having a very similar issue. I called T-mobile on Friday right before leaving to the Dominican Republic. I was told that my plan covers free data and texting ( will be charged for calls ) in the Dominican Republic. Unfortunately, i have absolutely zero service ( no data everywhere ). The interesting thing is, my mother was in the Dominican Republic a few months ago and she received service herself. I am using an iPhone 6.

The worst part is, my younger brother called for me in NYC and they asked me to remove the Sim card to give them the serial number, as well as reboot my phone. Now my iMessage is stuck on activation. I am stuck in the Dominican Republic for another week with 0 service. This blows.

All help appreciated.

• 7. Re: No Service error message
                      drnewcomb2

jn2jn2 wrote:

Let me rephrase last, Wifi calling is clicked on, but will not engage.

From what I read on net, it needs to be connected with a provider as well ??

So, since no service for phone, no wifi calling either.

I did try

OK. Did you use WiFi Calling before leaving the US or is this your first attempt? And you are connected to a WiFi hotspot in Mexico? WiFi Calling should work but it is possible that it is blocked by the WiFi hotspot owner or if you never set up an E911 address on MyT-Mobile, it might not be activated.

Back to your connecting to cellular service, have you tried manually selecting each of the carriers available? You should see both Telcel & Iusacell .  You can try connecting to each. And you are on a postpaid Simple Choice plan, right? Not a Simple Starter or prepaid plan?

• 8. Re: No Service error message
                        drnewcomb2

ray_gran wrote:

I am having a very similar issue. I called T-mobile on Friday right before leaving to the Dominican Republic. I was told that my plan covers free data and texting ( will be charged for calls ) in the Dominican Republic. Unfortunately, i have absolutely zero service ( no data everywhere ). The interesting thing is, my mother was in the Dominican Republic a few months ago and she received service herself. I am using an iPhone 6.

The worst part is, my younger brother called for me in NYC and they asked me to remove the Sim card to give them the serial number, as well as reboot my phone. Now my iMessage is stuck on activation. I am stuck in the Dominican Republic for another week with 0 service. This blows.

All help appreciated.

Ray, You should probably start a new thread because it will get confusing with two problems at once. If you can make calls, it's free to call T-Mobile's International Support number at +1-505-998-3793. I want to be clear, you can make calls and send and receive texts but have no data, right? You might want to try the following:

1) Check to see if your IP protocol is set to IPv6, if so, change it to IPv4, Retest the connection.

2) If your APN is fast.t-mobile.com, try setting it to epc.tmobile.com, Retest the connection.

3) Try sending "#RON#", Recheck.

4) Manually select various available carriers.

• 9. Re: No Service error message

Ah my apologies. I just realized I kinda jacked the post . I will try your suggestions and also create a new post.

Thank you!

PS: I have absolutely no service. It shows " No Service " on  the left upper corner of the iPhone. So it is technically the same problem as the TC. Since I can only somewhat use the phone if on WiFi.

• 10. Re: No Service error message

Yes I have the top notch T-Mobile plan.

yes.. Wifi calling was setup and activated months  Prior

Yes, have attempted several times Manuel set to each carrier listed With no luck.

is there s way to contact tMobile by email since I cannot access Cell ir Text services?

• 11. Re: No Service error message
                              drnewcomb2

The only option to a calling (AFAIK) is Live Chat (which seems to be down) or wait for a T-Mobile rep to check into this thread. Too bad that WiFi Calling seems to be blocked. Ray_gran fixed his problem by logging onto his MyT-Mobile account, where he found that International Roaming was turned off. He turned it on, himself,  and is now happy.

• 12. Re: No Service error message

thx, I will hunt around those options in TMobole app

• 13. Re: No Service error message

Issue resolved.  the PROBLEM WAS T-MOBILE DID NOT ACTIVATE MY PHONE.

Even though I called 2x prior to my departure from the USA T-Mobile had a BLOCK on my phone ??

I am deeply disappointed in T-Mobile's lack of follow-through prior to my departure and the fact that it cost me $39.00 in telephone charges on my credit card to get this issue resolved!!

T-Mobile, You dropped the ball on this one!

Bottom line for No Service issue was I-Phone 6plus was Blocked on T-Mobile's end, even though all service for international travel were activated prior to my departure .

• 14. Re: No Service error message
                                    drnewcomb2

That's a real pizzer, ain't it? If it's any consolation, I have a buddy who went to Peru with his Verizon phone and had the same thing happen. He called before the trip to make sure everything was set up for international roaming but when he got there his phone was a brick.

This is one reason why I always advise international travelers to have a backup plan.

1 2 Previous Next