I purchased a Metro pcs Samsung Galaxy exhibit 4G from another person. It was  new and still in the book,  but I learned it was previously activated. However, the phone came with no sim card and it was a year ago it was activated but not used since then .

I purchased a T-Mobile sim card and activation kit with a $30.00 start up plan. All the information I  could find told me the micro sim would work,  but it didn't fit, so I got a adaptor and inserted the sim card. However nothing happened, like it didn't recognize the card.

I have a few questions if you could please answer:

1. Can I use a T-Mobile sim card and activation kit on a Metro pcs phone?

2. Do I need to unlock the phone before I can activate a  new plan?

3. Can I unlock the phone without the old sim card?

4. Does the Metro pcs galaxy take a different size sim card than the T-Mobile?

5. Is there anything else you can tell me that would help me get this phone activated?

Thank you for your time and expertise to answer my questions.

Ed

All replies

• Hi 832eeyore!!

Apologies for the delay, did you ever get this taken care of? If not, we are happy to assist!

1. Can I use a T-Mobile sim card and activation kit on a Metro pcs phone?

A: Yes, you should be able to use a T-Mobile SIM in a Metro PCS device.

2. Do I need to unlock the phone before I can activate a  new plan?

A: Yes, you'll want to ensure that the device is unlocked so that it can work with other SIM cards. To unlock a Metro PCS device, you'll want to contact them directly.

3. Can I unlock the phone without the old sim card?

A: You should not need the original SIM card, however, you'll want to contact Metro directly as there may be other stipulations around getting the device unlocked.

4. Does the Metro pcs galaxy take a different size sim card than the T-Mobile?

A: The original Samsung Exhibit (T599) requires a full size SIM card on either network.

5. Is there anything else you can tell me that would help me get this phone activated?

A: The main thing you would want is the device unlocked, as once this occurs, you should have no further problems getting the device up and running with an activated T-Mobile SIM card.