Apologies for the delay, did you ever get this taken care of? If not, we are happy to assist!
1. Can I use a T-Mobile sim card and activation kit on a Metro pcs phone?
A: Yes, you should be able to use a T-Mobile SIM in a Metro PCS device.
2. Do I need to unlock the phone before I can activate a new plan?
A: Yes, you'll want to ensure that the device is unlocked so that it can work with other SIM cards. To unlock a Metro PCS device, you'll want to contact them directly.
3. Can I unlock the phone without the old sim card?
A: You should not need the original SIM card, however, you'll want to contact Metro directly as there may be other stipulations around getting the device unlocked.
4. Does the Metro pcs galaxy take a different size sim card than the T-Mobile?
A: The original Samsung Exhibit (T599) requires a full size SIM card on either network.
5. Is there anything else you can tell me that would help me get this phone activated?
A: The main thing you would want is the device unlocked, as once this occurs, you should have no further problems getting the device up and running with an activated T-Mobile SIM card.