Is the "Frost White" going to be available?

Hello,

I was planning to upgrade to this phone but I prefer the white one over the black. However, all I was able to find out so far is that T-Mobile does not offer the white edition of the phone "yet." I've been trying to find out whether it will ever be available or not but I've seem to hit a wall. Neither anyone in any of the stores, nor the 'customer service' line has been able to answer the question. I have called the customer service several times with very interesting conversations: some were not even aware there was such a phone, some would not believe me when I said there was a white version and went ahead to check Samsung's website, one of them was arguing that the information is "highly classified" as if I was asking for nuclear launch codes or something...In the end I have reached the conclusion that none of the online sources available nor any person that I am able to contact through the customer service will ever be able to answer my question.

There is a code classified for a white T-Mobile edition on Samsung's own website so I am hopeful.

Hence I have ended up here as my last attempt to find out whether T-Mobile ever have the SM-N910TZWETMB (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - Frost White) available for it's customers? Hopefully someone with high enough "clearance level" reads this question and will be able to answer.

Many thanks,

~Ahmet

---If anyone is wondering about the code for the black note edge: SM-N910TZKETMB---

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Is the "Frost White" going to be available?

From what I have seen with the history of their device selection that I remember what you see is what you get. If they only offer one color they'll only ever offer one color.

• I am in the same boat as you. I called all the t-mobile retail stores in my area but no luck on the Frost White. I called t-mobile and all they had was the black one in stock. I called even samsung but it was just waste of time.

Like one of the fellow said, the main website Samsung, doesn't show the white one for T-Mobile but they are offering it for AT&T. Don't know what to do. Should I go ahead buy the BLACK one or wait a few days which is really hard

• ed60

I don't think the white color is available anywhere, when the phone was released in Japan it was the black version and they said the white will come later, the same happened in Korea ( SAMSUNG HOME ), the same here in the US, well I believe if you're interested in the phone Get one, supposedly it's going to be limited, you might wait for the white then miss the black

the phone is not even available in stores in all the states, it seems just some stores in certain states will get it????

I am in NC and no store here will get it so far,  it's up to you but if the white is a must you might need to consider the note 4, my wife got one today it looks nice but I do believe my black note 4 is more elegant but hey it's a matter of taste and preference, nothing wrong with that

• Not really, I don't know exactly where you got your information from @ed60 but I have friends both in Korea and Japan, even in China all of whom were able to get white phones without any problem. I can order a white one from there as well but I just didn't want to pay the whole price at once, especially when I'm eligible for an upgrade here. Besides there are sometimes support issues with the phones that are bought abroad.

I've seen and held both colours, and I liked the white one, as you said it is preference...

I have even seen a third colour, I cannot recall the given name but it was a light shade of pink but I know for sure that won't be sold in Europe or the US.

• ed60

all these information is available online, I do read a lot about  electronics and so they started by the black and said the white will come later that is speaking of Japan and korea since they were the first 2 markets to receive it, may be they got the white version, I didn't kill myself to know if they got it or not lolllllll, I don't know about the white in the US it might come later, but as I said since the phone is going to be a limited production according to Samsung and lots of the specialized websites , there's no telling what's gonna happen, I haven't heard about a third color for the Edge but supposedly there's 2 more colors of the note 4 will be released I believe gold and pink or so

• Today in the morning the link SM-N910TZWETMB (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - Frost White) was available on samsungs website. I saw the picture and other details. Same day night it disappeared. link is not available. I was hoping that the white one is coming in couple of weeks. But not sure now.

But still hope. Because it has a model number.

T-Mobile dosent care about it. I called 611 or actual stores they dont even know what is Samsung galaxy note edge.

I received such answers like these

1- Yes it will be available at 11/14/14 black and white

2- it is in stock and you are eligible to get $50 discount. Ooh sorry it is galaxy note 4 not note edge.

3- Galaxy note 8 is not released yet (This was very funny).

These are some answers from 611 or t-mobile stores. Unfortunateley I have 4 lines with t-mobile now.

ATT already got the black and white one.

Verizon is getting also black and white one.

T-mobile doesnt know what they are selling yet. I am not sure if t-mobile exists. It looks like a ghost company.

Best solution. If you are a t-mobile customer and if you are waiting for white galaxy note edge :

You have been waiting 2 months so far. Not your mistake. Its all samsung's mistake. Samsung created Galaxy note edge (its next generation LED screen and high performance phone). They dont know how to sell it. White galaxy note edge looks 10 times better than the black one Since silver color metal is showing less scratches than the black metal. Its t-Mobiles mistake to not get the white one. Because t-mobile doesnt care about their customers.

Yes. You have been waiting 2 months so far.Wait 2 more weeks. I am sure t-mobile will not answer your question. After 2 weeks maybe micro-center or amazon.com will sell the white (unlocked version) galaxy note edge. We can buy it without t-mobile's help.

By the way I am 10 years customer of t-mobile. T-mobile doesnt help. T-mobile doesnt answer. If t-mobile answers today we may find another way to buy the WHITE GALAXY NOTE EDGE.

Wait for t-mobile's answer. Who is t-mobile. Who will answer. Who knows.

Wait for amazon.com

Wait for black friday.

T-mobile please dont answer. Please dont care about us. We will find another way to buy WHITE GALAXY NOTE EDGE.

~ 10 years T-mobile customer

• I am very sorry for black galaxy note edge buyers, Because black metal rim will show lot of scratches in 2 months even you use a protective case.

if you are buying this phone to use at least 3 to 5 years, white one is a must. Its not about just color preference. This is all about color durability. I can not waste 1000 usd every year.

• ed60

have you tried one?

• ed60

How could you judge something you haven't used nor have you put your hands on it, the phone is not even out for 2 months in other markets, the note 4 which is made of the same material has been out for less than a month and I haven't heard anyone complaining about such thing unless the person is care free and doesn't need to use expensive things to start with, it doesn't matter what the phone is made of or what is the color, it mainly depends on the user and how neat is he!!!!!! I had my note 3 for 11 month and it's made of plastic where lots of people said the chrome layer over the bezel fades and looks ugly, that could be true but again how does the person handle the phone, if I keep it in my tight  jeans' back or front pocket, if I use the phone while eating , mess it up then clean it with a rough towel or whatever or throw it on a dashboard or console, if I throw it on a table instead of gently putting it on the table then what can we expect, mine that had an S view cover case still exposing the whole bezel not like the bulky protective cases was in mint condition when I jumped to the note 4, lucky he whomever will get this phone as pre-owned or a replacement

we don't buy EXPENSIVE phones then go get a 2 or 3 dollars case then say the phone got scratched!!!!!

if you think the white phone is more durable than the black well I am not sure about that, but even if you're right it's just a matter of a very short time for the white phone to look  as bad as the black one, it just needs to pick up some dust and dirt to become black then if you decided to clean it with a damp towel it might end up water damaged, and if you dry  clean it it will get scratched then you won't be happy and will stop cleaning it this way you will have a unique color scratched half clean black and white phone I am not sure if you will stand it for the 3 or 5 years you mentioned??????? just kidding

what I mean again it doesn't matter what the phone is made of, it all depends on how we use them, how careful and neat we are, but after all people are different and will always be.,  c'est la vie

• Hi Ed60 I liked your comments over my comments. Thanks

How do I know galaxy note edge. I am a phone repair person. I have seen and used galaxy note edge units a lot. Maybe 5 black units and 3 white units.

And I also have seen maybe 5000 black or white iphone 5 5C 5S units so far. 

Let me write a small review about iphone series.

1-First iphone's back was soft aluminum type material. After 1 year 90% of them looked scratched and bended junk.

2-iphone 3g (black back plastic) and chrome bezel. Back was getting scrathes on black more than white ones. And chrome bezel was doing good all the time.

3-iphone 4 4s back was glass. (That was the best material iphone ever). Back glass was not getting scratches that much. Frame was steel it was not getting scratch. So steve jobs last design was most durable iphone. I am still using iphone 4 right now and it is still like new, (4 years old iphone 4).

4- iphone 5 and 5s 6 6 plus - Back and frame is one piece and unfortunately it is soft aluminum type material as first iphone. It gets scratches and bended easy. Same as first iphone (iphone 2g). After steve jobs died apple decided to go back to first iphone's material instead of new material. You can use iphone 5 5s 6 6 plus for 6 months without scratches. And the black ones always shows more scratches than white ones. This is what I experienced in last 5 years.

Why. It is simple. Aluminum naturally has its own color. Polished aluminum is normally silver color. If you scratch it still will be the same color. There is no black or gray aluminum. It is painted. if you scratch it it will show silver color. Silver scratches on black color. Iphone 3G black was better. It was plastic black and it was not showing scratches that much. So iphone 5C (Plastic housing) looks better than metal housing iphones (5 5S 6 6 plus) by the time in my experience.

Aluminum is very soft and get scratches very easy. But it is good for Apple. People who buy aluminum housing or frame phones will be needing change their phone every year. That is good for apple or Samsung.

I have seen thousands iphone 3g 4 4s 5 5s 5c.

I can tell that Iphone 4 material was the best. Thats why I am still using iphone 4 right now. My 4 years old iphone 4 looks better and newer and more shiny than average users 6 months old iphone 5s.

Why I care about color on galaxy note edge. Who I am.

I am using toyota prius to not pollute the air.

I am tech guy and interested in every advancement in phones but i wait 5 years to buy my next phone.

my first cell phone

1-ericsson 337 - used 5 years

2-xda O2 - used 5 years

3-iphone 4 used 4 years (Battery is not doing good now)

4- I am still waiting for white Galaxy Note edge WHITE.

in 15 years 3 cell phones. So I dont want electronic waste and pollution. So less pollution for me less pollution for you. I liked your comments. I respect your comments.

I want to use galaxy note edge for 5 years. I have been waiting in patience.

I hope everybody cares about phone durability. I call everybody to patience and quit buying new phones every year to prevent electronic waste and pollution. Thats why I am looking for the white galaxy note edge desperately.

Galaxy note edge white is my choice for next 5 years. But t-mobile decided to go with black unfortunately.

I just wanted to share my 5 years experience during cell phone repair business.

Thanks Ahmet to bring this issue to T-mobile page.

And thanks ed60 for nice comments over my comments...

Choose the best phone for yourself. Use it long long time. Go green....

• ed60

I am sorry that you took it personal, as I said we are different with different taste and preferences, me personally I don't like white phones regardless of the material I am sorry but to me they look like a fridge or a stove, probably others that prefer the white phones think the black ones are a piece of junk or a trash can which is fine, my point is regardless of the colors and materials if the user is not careful he can damage the phone or whatever in a heart beat, I know people like that including friends and family members.

well it's good to go green etc... but these companies won't let you go any color other than the colors that please their pockets unfortunately the dollar is green too , well technology is one of my interests and I always like to have the latest, I am sorry I can't change it, over the last 18 years I can't remember how many phones I got, but I started with a funny Mitsubishi for a couple of month then Ericson for another 2 then I switched to Nokia starting the 6110 using all their flagships till the N8 but it was time for the Symbian to retire, used all Nokia's materials from plastic to polycarbonate etc.. then switched to Android and only Samsung got the S3, note 3 and note 4 and waiting for the Edge, I have probably used about 20 different phones over these years, and still with being careful as much as I could I messed up 2 phones well that is relative, to others it was what's wrong with them but to me it was a disaster, why? because we are different and nobody is perfect, I do understand what you're talking about speaking of them scratches, but how many of the users will see them or even care?

but let me ask you this, speaking of the note 4 and Edge, black and while since they are almost identical phones using the same materials, the black and white have metal bezels  silver and white and silver and black right?

ok the silver parts on both colors if it got scratched  they will look the same, now speaking of the colors yes the black has more tendency to show more scratches than the white but isn't the white part of the bezel a paint too like black or that is white Aluminum? I've read it has a magnesium coat on the note Edge which makes it feel more as plastic than metal, I am not sure if the white note 4 has a similar coat because for sure it doesn't feel like the black one, we have both mine is black and feels real solid and my wife just got the white it is nice but feels more like plastic when it's not.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the iPhones, I never had an iPhone and probably will never get one,

my iPad is enough for me I would love to stay sane which is not guaranteed if I got an iPhone on top of the Pad

Thanks again and please don't take my comments as if I was insulting you, I was trying to understand what you're saying because the way you presented your opinion gave me the impression that the phone is about a year old or so  when people around the world can't get it and as you know lots of countries won't even see it

• rbryinc

3-5 Years?  Are you kidding me, longest I have owned a phone is 1 year.  in three years the Note Edge will seem like a Motorola Tac. In two years the will be up to the Edge 3(if it sells) android version 7.0, most likely called Nestles or some other ridiculous name and this edge will not even be getting updates any more. So just to understand, you are upgrading from a G1?

• The answer is iphone 4

My First upgrade

Ericsson 337 flip phone to XDA Reason: flip phone to smartphone

2nd upgrade

XDA to iphone 4 Reason - Resistive touch to capacitive touch. Easy to use and more resposive.

Last upgrade

iphone 4 to galaxy note edge WHITE : Reason: Edge screen. Night clock. Amoled more pixels. more flexible software. faster. S pen. Taking more notes etc.

• jblildon

I actually saw the same thing and if you go to the link Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Curved Mobile Phone | Samsung US and select T-Mobile as you carrier it does bring up the Black or White option it also gives a model number which is incorrect for both though the Note4 is the SM-N910T... now the real model number for the FROST WHITE NOTE EDGE is sm-n915tzwetmb and if you google that it actually brings up the SAMSUNG website pages that were created for the white note edge although they have now been disabled.. I spoke with a T-Mobile rep as well and they told me that the couldn't comment on future devices so fingers crossed I really, really, really want the white one, I have a black note 3 now and i had the white note 3 before that and I really wanna go back to having a white phone... so maybe in a couple weeks... Also there was a delay with the white version of the phone in Japan when it was first released and now they have it so I think we are experiencing the same thing. (HOPEFULLY)

• wow..... this discussion went really far.

You know what, everyone is right but what should the folks who are waiting for the frost white Edge do? Should we or I just go ahead and get the black one... I can't wait anymore. Out 6 stores in my area, only one has the Edge is stock.

• ed60

you're lucky that you have a store carrying the Edge, we don't have it here, it is a hard decision to wait for the white, there's no telling if T-Mobile will bring it later or not, I feel  like not everyone interested in the phone will be able to get it regardless of the color

• You right this discussion is deeper than expected.

I believe people in this discussion different and extreme phone users.

Samsung galaxy note edge is named as an High End Phone. Maybe thats why.

I got some rumors for the edge screen from last year. So I have been waiting more than a year for it.

I can wait 1 more month.

But I also received some news that says galaxy note edge will be sale at microcenter, bestbuy and walmart.

Black friday is almost here.

I dont believe phone will be out of stock. it didn't come from space. Its human made. It will be on sale all the time.

White and silver combination looks perfect to me. You should wait and get black Friday deal too.

• ed60

Very true if you're paying the whole price of the phone, but I am like other customers on jump program with T-Mobile so it won't make a difference if I got it now or on black Friday or Christmas, however all the articles that discussed this phone over the past few months said that it will be a limited Edition and will be only available in niche markets, that could be true as well or just a marketing trick from Samsung to make everyone eager to put his hands on this limited edition of a concept phone, but there are rumors about the galaxy S6 that will be released in the 1st quarter of 2015, it says it will sport a double curved screen !!!! one for apps and the other for notifications since the one of the note edge can get on your nerves if you're trying to use it for example the Camera since the shutter button pops up there and when you're ready to take the picture a notification pops up and messes up the shot!!!!! where you need to start all over again

Actually the double curved screen was supposed to be introduced with the Note Edge but Samsung changed it's mind at the last moment probably due to some technical difficulties, well if that is true then it goes with the limited edition rumor of the Note Edge, otherwise the S6 won't sell as they expect, lots and lots of people now are more interested in big screens, look at Apple and the Nexus 6 etc.. for sure Samsung don't want to be disappointed again since the S5 wasn't a hit !!! needless to mention that all the manufactures now are in a phablet battle.

It is everybody's decision to rush and get the phone now or wait for a cheaper price or different color but it sure is a difficult decision.

Well this is my personal opinion based on what I have read, I might be right or wrong but hopefully I did not offend you again

• rbryinc

Hi, OK just some input.  I have been with TMobile 13 years.  If you really ever want to know something need to get to customer loyalty.  The regular customer service people will not know that the edge is out until the Edge 3 is released.  Per a Loyalty manager who actually seemed to know what she was talking about.  TMobile does not tell them anything, for example is there going to be a white phone.  What she has "heard" is that TMobile is not going to release one.  The phone is limited, granted you can always go with the conspiracy theories, doing it on purpose what ever.  I think that other then phone geeks, me, you most people reading this not a whole lot of general customers even know what this is.  The release phones in number order for a reason.  Note 2 replaces Note 1, Note 3 replaces Note 2.  By releasing a phone just called the Note Edge your average person will most likely just assume it is an off shoot, cheaper version whatever of the Note 4.  This is just an opinion but I feel at first it will not be hard to come by, once they get out there in a month or two I think the only shot of finding one will be on EBay when you pay me $2,000 for my $850 phone because that is the only place there is one, just a thought.

• jblildon

Okay guys a lil bit of an update not sure what its worth but I also have found this link http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SM-N915TZWETMB showing a support site for the frost white note edge including the correct model number, I also spoke with a Samsung Rep. and I asked her what that model number was to and she said it was for the Frost White Edge on T-Mobile although she also said that the white one is currently only available AT&T.... So my hopes are real high that its just a delay, I dont think we'll have to wait to much longer (fingers crossed)!!!

• stevetjr

Wow what a thread :-)

The other part that folks are missing in these discussions is that it is not always the carrier that decides what and which variations of a phone they carrier.  They may want a phone and the manufacturer may choose not to let a particular carrier have it because in their mind that the carrier won't sell enough to make it worth their while to do the custom work required for each carrier. That also goes in reverse that a manufacturer may want to put a phone with a carrier but the carrier doesn't want it.

I agree also that the call reps are kept in the dark for a reason, they don't want them promising a device based on rumor or etc then not having it happen.  Secondly T-Mobile is always very careful about what they release publicly (as are all the carriers) because if they "promise" something and then lets say the manufacturer backs out they are the one left holding the bag and with egg on their face and of course then a couple of ya hoo's will try a class action lawsuit.

As for phones I will agree with ed60 those of us on JUMP (Especially JUMP1) have no incentive to keep a phone very long.  I just JUMP'd from the GS5 to the EDGE yesterday (took me an extra day to find the store that had the inventory for the entire area) and previously in April JUMP'd from the GS4 to the GS5.  Even though I could JUMP even after a month I am keeping myself on a relative 6 month cycle and figure I will be JUMP'ing on the GS6 in April and the next Note fall of 2015.  When I turned in my GS5 the "value" of the phone was $270 but I owed $495 which is what JUMP1 paid off so essentially a $225 hit that T-Moible/Assurant took on that one.  If I wait a year or longer I essentially end up backwards in the device and am losing value in paying for the JUMP service not to mention the fun of having the newest device and also knowing if it sucks I really only have to deal with it for 6 months and right now not even that since I also have a Sony Z3 and I just swap SIM cards back and forth depending on my "mood" or what I am doing that day.

Heck just since start 2013 I have had GS2, GS4, GS5, Z3 and Note Edge (Yes I skipped the GS3) and my wife has had the HTC Amaze, HTC One S, HTC One (M7), Note 3 and Note 4

• I love this discussion but still can't wait or figure out what to get. Not sure if the store that i called on the 14th have the Edge available anymore but I am fighting myself if i should wait or not for the white one.

Lemme take this discussion slightly on a different route.

Can anyone tell me If someone buys a phone thru JUMP will have to pay the tax on the phone again?

My case: I paid off my Galaxy Note 3 Last month and bought the Note 4 on the 27th of Oct. I didn't use the Jump because I thought I should wait for the EDGE and use the jump then. When i bought the Note 3, I paid $61 in tax so my question is that if i go to the store, will i be paying tax again? I think technically I should be paying tax on the difference not the whole thing? If you guys know what I mean? For example. If they buy back my phone via Jump, the Note 4 is around $750 and Edge is $850, SO when they buy me Note 4 for $750 or take it back, technically I should be paying tax on the remaining $100 only right? Has anyone experience this situation?

• tidbits

You will pay tax every time you jump for the specific phone you are getting.  You will pay tax based on the total value.  As you are not paying the difference.  You are paying full retail and trading in your device so you don't have to finish paying off what you owe.

• rbryinc

You pay tax on the retail price of the phone.  This is not TMobiles idea but the USA Government.  When you got the Note 3 it was $750 plus tax, they take the tax up front so they are not included in what you pay monthly because you already paid them so the phone in reality cost $795 including tax(at 6%) you pay the tax so they then break down the balance, $750.  You pay off half of it, $375.  The balance you owe, you jump they eat the balance, has nothing to do with the tax, the tax went to the USA on the original purchase.  You know get a new phone.  You have to pay tax, it has nothing to do with previous purchase. :-)  Your Government at work.

• Thanks tidbits. But that's not fair.

As far as the battery life, I must say it's double than the Note 3. On a full charge the 3 use to give me a day worth of use from 10am to 10pm but the 4 is amazing so far. Full charge give me at least 36hrs before I put it back on charge. But one thing I don't like about it is that I feel like it's a bit slower than the 3, I think it's because there are too many applications running in the background. It's slow specially when you are switching between apps.

• Alright guys, it seems like the discussion has moved away from my original question but I enjoy seeing all the comments. Thank you all for your replies.

I have just talked to a salesperson at the Tyson's Corner, VA store about the white version of the phone and I wanted to update those of you who are really looking forward to getting them as much as I do. The representative in the store has confirmed that the Frost White version will be available to pre-order within a month but there will be a very limited number of those, so it will be very hard to get them.

Now he is the only person that has made such claims, no other stores or any customer service representative has confirmed what he said but I hope it is correct...

• jblildon

Okay I asked @askdes this morning and he said that there were no plans to carry the white one currently so that sucks.... I just really hope that doesn't change at any point after I buy the black one!

• I just read the last reply about t-mobile not getting the Edge in white so earlier this evening, I went ahead and got the Edge in black. It was a big drama. They said I am not eligible for the Jump because last month I got the Note 4. After threatening to cancel all my lines they finally listened to me and gave me the phone...

So far I am loving it but will post the feedback in the next couple of days.

All of you who are waiting for the white, get the black before it's too late unless you guys wait another year for the Edge 2 which Samsung announced today.