6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2015 12:24 PM by tforce_erika RSS

T-Mobile unlock policy

Hi im currenty with tmobilE. When I call to unlock my iPhone 6 since I pay in full price the rep say I have to used in 40 days too unlock but when I read policy it didn't say anything 40 days, that only for  people in contract or monthly payment. If I cancel my account willing tmobile unlocked my iphone? I'm really sick hear all this 40 day used

• 2. Re: T-Mobile unlock policy
          gramps28

In case you couldn't find it with the provided link. Also it's a year or $100 in refills

for a prepaid account.

If you cancel your account you won't meet the requirements

for a former customer.

Unlock Eligibility for Monthly Phones and Tablets

• The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
          • If the device is financed using T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan (EIP), all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full.
          • If the device is on an account that is under a service contract term, at least 18 consecutive monthly payments must have been made or the account has migrated to Simple Choice no contract rate plan.
          • If the device is associated with a canceled account, the account balance must be zero, including all pending charges
          • T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

Unlock Eligibility for Pay in Advance (Prepaid) Phones and Tablets

• The device has been active on the T-Mobile network for more than 1 year on the requesting line.
          • If the device has been active for less than 1 year on the requesting line, the Pay in Advance account associated with the device must have had more than $25 in refills for basic phones or $100 in refills for smartphones or tablet since device first use date.
          • The account must not be canceled and in good standing.
          • T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.
          • 3. Re: T-Mobile unlock policy

if you cancel your service you have the right to request unlock. i don't know what is wrong with tmobile rep. As today I'm done with tmobile.

• 4. Re: T-Mobile unlock policy
              gramps28

Yes you can but the phone still needed to be active on an account for 40 days.

Looks like your looking for a loophole.

BTW why can't you wait 40 days?

• 5. Re: T-Mobile unlock policy
                tforce_jennifer

Hi tonyph33r!  We appreciate you reaching out for assistance through the community!  The advice here is accurate!  We are happy to assist the unlock for you as soon as you meet the requirements outlined in the page that was provided for you!  Once you have met the requirements, you can reach out to us through any of these channels Contact Us

• 6. Re: T-Mobile unlock policy
                  tforce_erika

Hello! It's been more than 36 hours since our last comment so we are now marking this post as assumed answered. You can continue to post, and other community users may respond, but if you would like assistance from T-Mobile or T-Force please create a new discussion.