Why does my HTC One keep turning off and on.  I can't turn it off by pressing the power button

I have an HTC One S and it suddenly started turning itself off and on.  I tried to turn it off with the power button but it doesn't work, it continues to turn off and on.  The message "no service" keep appearing and if it's on long enough for me to open an app, it says it has stopped working.  I even tried to select reset, but that still doesn't work.  This is my first cell phone and I don't know what to try next.  Please help!!!

All replies

• tforce_donovan

Typically restarts indicate an incompatible or corrupt app has been installed on the device. We can recommend completing a master reset, and trying to re-install any downloaded applications one at the time, to try to identify if one of them is causing issues. You can find more information on how to complete a master reset here: Master reset: HTC One (LTE)
        Please let us know if you have other questions or if we can be of further help, thank you.

• Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!  It took me several tries but it worked!!  I am so thankful and grateful to you for sharing you knowledge to help me.  I really appreciate it.  I don't know how to give you a rating but  believe me you are 5 starts or however many stars there are.

I am attempting to see if there is a way to retrieve the pictures and videos that were lost, I have most of the apps back but no pictures or videos at all.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

mindseye

To: Sareda Love <saredall@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, November 28, 2014 9:10 PM

Subject:  - Why does my HTC One keep turning off and on.  I can't turn it off by pressing the power button

T-Mobile Support Community

Why does my HTC One keep turning off and on.  I can't turn it off by pressing the power button

created by tmo_donovan in HTC One S - View the full discussionTypically restarts indicate an incompatible or corrupt app has been installed on the device. We can recommend completing a master reset, and trying to re-install any downloaded applications one at the time, to try to identify if one of them is causing issues. You can find more information on how to complete a master reset here: Master reset: HTC One (LTE)

Please let us know if you have other questions or if we can be of further help, thank you.  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support Start a new discussion in HTC One S by email or at T-Mobile Support Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

• tforce_erika

We hope you've been able to recover anything that was retrievable! After a reset, the only way to retrieve files from the device would be if they were backed up somewhere online through an app/service/cloud. We do recommend in case of something happening to your phone (reset, lost, stolen, damaged etc). keeping your important items backed up regularly to avoid losing them unexpectedly!

• tforce_sam

It's been over 36 hours since our last comment so we are now marking this post as assumed answered. You can continue to post, and other community users may respond, but if you would like assistance from T-Mobile or T-Force, please create a new discussion.