2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2014 9:55 AM by corgi111 RSS

Is this device for phones that do not support WIFI calling?

I think I was misinformed by a T-mo rep about this device. 

My problem is that 3 of the 4 phones my family uses do not support T-Mobiles Wifi Calling feature and we have a weak CELL signal at our house.  We have no problems at all with our phones' internet connection, only with calls dropping due to a weak CELL signal on the phones that do not support WIFI Calling.  I told the rep my issue and he suggested this device, the WIFI Cellspot Router.  Is it the correct solution to my problem?  If not, does T-Mobile offer something that will solve my problem?

I am looking for a device that ONLY boosts the T-Mo CELL signal in my home so that our phones that do not support WIFI calling can stop dropping so many calls.  Unless this device somehow produces its own CELL signal which it then converts and sends a VOIP, I don't think this device would do anything to solve my problem. 

• 1. Re: Is this device for phones that do not support WIFI calling?
          theartiszan

No.

This will only help devices that can use WiFi calling.

It is nothing more than a router with high output and software that prioritizes WiFi calling traffic over other internet activity.

You need a cell repeater as long as you get one bar 4g and the phones you have support that.

• 2. Re: Is this device for phones that do not support WIFI calling?
            corgi111

This is the device you need. It boosts the cellphone signal all over your house.

The 4G LTE Signal Booster is a unique solution that brings T-Mobile's 4G LTE coverage to your home.

These Signal Boosters are available to monthly customers who have at least 1 bar of 4G LTE signal in the home, have a 4G LTE phone or device that supports 4G LTE, and are willing to put down a $25 deposit—best of all, it only takes 15 minutes to get the units set up in your home.Supports 3G, 4G, and 4G LTE.

4G LTE Signal Booster Window Unit.png