Need help international

So I purchased the simple choice unlimited plan for a trip to  Europe . Kid at the store told me I was all set

now im in Paris and dead in the water. I tried a skype call via wifi and support told me I'm out of luck.. but it was so choppy I couldn't hear them. Guess I will have to buy another sim in Paris and spend more $$ since tmobile did me wrong

All replies

• je_25

Re: Need help international

Do you mean while using data? The simple choice plan will says that it will give you unlimited 2G. I have heard of some places gettings 3G and one or two even getting 4G, but the plan is designed for 2G, which is good for emails, light browsing, and gps. It is not good for skype.

However, if you were using Wifi, like at a hotel or something, that would have nothing to do with T-Mobile.

• mansinha

The calls would be 20 cents a minute to the list of 120 countries. You can text and have data like je_25 pointed out for free. If you want to use a local SIM card to avail the GSM functionality - that is another issue and you would have to get your phone unlocked for international use

• drnewcomb2

wagzywag wrote:

.... im in Paris and dead in the water. I tried a skype call via wifi and support told me I'm out of luck.. but it was so choppy I couldn't hear them.

1. Are you making a Skype call via a WiFi connection at your hotel or Internet cafe? If so, that has nothing to do with T-Mobile's international roaming. It's a limitation of the WiFi Internet connection.
            2. Are you trying to share your phone's data connection with a PC/tablet to make a Skype call? If so, that's outside T-Mobile's international data plan's limitations. The free, unlimited international data is limited to "2G like speeds" (under 200 kpbs) and tethering is not included.
            3. If you can send and receive e-mails, post stuff to Facebook and use Google Maps from your phone, T-Mobile has provided everything they said they would.