1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2015 6:13 AM by jetmike74 RSS

Contradictory info on bringing Verizon iPhone 6 onto T-Mobile

Hi - I'm a T-Mobile customer preparing to buy an iPhone 6 Plus. I'm tempted to buy the (unlocked) Verizon version to use on T-Mobile because it is a "world phone" that has CDMA as well as GSM. I've seen contradictory information about whether there would be any drawbacks to doing this instead of buying an unlocked T-Mobile version from Apple.

This thread says a Verizon iPhone 6 on T-Mobile will experience slower LTE speeds:

How can I get my Verizon (unlocked) iPhone 6 to work with T-mobile's LTE network?

However, multiple other online conversations I've seen indicated it should work just fine.

I'm also trying to determine whether if I buy two Verizon iPhone 6 phones (for my wife and me) and we both use it on the T-Mobile network, we will get the HD Voice feature. T-Mobile says both phones need to be on the T-Mobile network to get HD Voice, but it isn't clear whether they both have to originally be T-Mobile phones. I know that HD Voice doesn't work across carriers because of different implementations, but I'm wondering if the Verizon iPhone itself implements this differently.

1 2 Previous Next