Thank You John Legere

corgi111

Thank You very Much for the great Personal Cellspot router. It is a great device and the price is fantastic. I have been with T-Mobile for over 10 years and I think John is doing a great job for all of us cellphone users by doing all of the uncarrier things that he is doing.

I am not an employee but I think that some times appreciation needs to be given. Sure sometimes mistakes are made but everytime I have dealt with customer service it has been a great experience. I plan on staying with T-Mobile the no contract and jump introduced by T-Mobile are innovations I really like. I called John to ask a question and I received a response from a company executive a few hours later. Try doing that with another large corporation.

So thank you John keep up the good work.

All replies

• tmo_phillip

Re: Thank You John Legere

Hey Corgi,

I can't speak for John, but we appreciate you posting here with your positive experience! I snagged a Personal CellSpot Router too, and was pleasantly surprised buy  not only the improvement in my coverage, but also home  internet speed! Bonus!

Thanks again for posting, and I hope we see you around the Support Community.

• mansinha

I would like to throw in my word of thanks as well. I am a new customer and switched with iPhone 6 Plus - yes T-Mobile could do more with transparency in the orders prioritization area but overall I am pleased with the experience and pleasantly surprised with the strength and extent of coverage in CA and AZ where I have traveled since switching.

Now if only the employee discounts were still active .....

• smplyunprdctble

Be cautious getting outside the cities / interstates at least in Arizona

My first visit out there a few years ago, everything worked fine within "populated Phoenix" -- but, we went up one road to the middle of nowhere and I lost service, whereas my friend with Verizon was good.  Same with going to Tortilla Flat... complete loss of service through most of the trip, so I wouldn't have wanted to be this guy.

I can say Interstate coverage along I-10 from PHX to Casa Grande was wonderful.  So, I think interstates and the cities are fine

• mansinha

No roaming ability?

• smplyunprdctble

I got NO signal.  Not sure if there's anyone out on those remote areas to roam on (seriously, there was NOBODY within MILES).  I'd guess VZW was the only folks who had coverage and that's because they're so overpriced they can go along every road and install cell towers.  GSM devices can't exactly roam on CMDA networks, and why would T-Mobile put a bunch of cell towers in the middle of a not-exactly-well-traveled road?  (seriously, the road to Tortilla Flat...  I think the entire hour or so trip we saw six other vehicles).

Interstates, I'd imagine would be thoroughly covered.  The long winding Apache Trail, not as much (the areas where there's tourist trap places had some coverage though -- it was just the stretches between)

• mansinha

No I was thinking of roaming on AT&T - but that said - if one is out hiking and needs help - that cell phone better have coverage

• geno2733

GSM devices can't work on CDMA networks by default. (Although VZW gives phones now that are both CDMA + GSM -- my uncle has one.)

I had issues on the I-90 NY Thruway between the PA line and South Buffalo. On the way UP, I was roaming on AT&T, and Verizon LTE, and coming back from vay-cay, I was STUCK on friggin' Rogers until I stopped for gas in Angola, NY, and I manually went back over to T-Mobile. I dunno HOW I was still getting Rogers from THAT far away. lol. That's why I said on different social media pages that T-Mobile needs to expand to places they have no coverage. PA has surprisingly LARGE gaps in coverage, and that AT&T network flat-out sucks.

• mansinha

You bring up a good point - there are plenty of (self reported) individuals who have bought Verizon phones outright and taken them to T-Mobile.

But Verizon has the best coverage so they are not worried about cross coverage arragements

I am just wondering if those individuals would be able to "roam" on the Red Network - likely not .....

• geno2733

My Uncle has the G2, and it uses CDMA hardcoding and SIM technology. Those phones are usually expensive to buy outright if you don't have a contract. VZW's roaming agreements probably suck though.

I'm thankful for Wi-Fi, for even though "standard" 2G speeds are supposed to be 140kbps, T-Mobile throttled me to 80kpbs while I was on vacation. Of course I didn't turn my phone over to 2G-Only, so I'd probably get that 140k if I went about that way. (At least those are the speeds I get when I'm on 2G locally)

• mansinha

geno2733

I was just wondering how do people actually get a Verizon phone without signing up for their service - of course I get it that one has to pay full price - but where does one get the device? I tried on the Apple store and it forced me into filling information for an existing or new Verizon connection.

I guess E Bay is an option but there is a (sometimes large) premium to be paid there.

Just thinking that having a truly unlocked phone with both CDMA and GSM capabilities is nice and had I had the chance that is what I would have done.

• geno2733

I don't think buying from a manufacturer outright means you have to sign up with Verizon, or whoever they have a deal with. Your phone has to be unlocked and compatible with the Radio Bands and Frequencies of the network you want to bring the phone to.

As far as buying from one carrier and activating on another -- I wish I knew the Optimus F6 was on sale at MetroPCS for only 33% of what I'm actually paying, for I could have had it unlocked right then and there for use on T-Mobile. I'd have saved $200 in the end. (On sale for $99 at MetroPCS, I'm on EIP for a total of $300 after taxes with T-Mobile)

• miket

mansinha wrote:

I would like to throw in my word of thanks as well. I am a new customer and switched with iPhone 6 Plus - yes T-Mobile could do more with transparency in the orders prioritization area but overall I am pleased with the experience and pleasantly surprised with the strength and extent of coverage in CA and AZ where I have traveled since switching.

Are you a customer or employee.  I would have assumed all TM employees would be required to use TM phones and get discounts on product and free basic service.

• mansinha

I am a customer - but I work for 2 organizations (long story) that have had 15% discounts in the past. I switched from Sprint too late to be able to take advantage and now it is an unusual situation (similar to the AT&T Verizon unlimited plans) where the legacy users are grandfathered in but new customers cannot avail of it

• geno2733

miket wrote:

mansinha wrote:

Are you a customer or employee.  I would have assumed all TM employees would be required to use TM phones and get discounts on product and free basic service.

I would assume T-Mobile employees get a free Simple Choice plan as a Perk of employment...

• unclespoon

Always nice to hear the good comments