7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2014 1:20 PM by tforce_keith_m RSS

3G/4G dongle with TM-AC1900

Hello,

I am trying to use my 3G/4G tmobile dongle with this router.  I use it as my backup connection.  The dongle works fine when I plug it into a pc and I am able to connect to the internet fine.  The sim is a tmobile data sim only.

The dongle is model ZTE MF691 Rocket 3G 4G - which is supported by asus

http://www.asus.com/event/networks_3G4G_support/

The device tries to connect and comes back with

"Unable to connect to the Internet, please re-enter the information, or double-check your account data with your ISP."

It doesn't matter which APN I try - epc.tmobile.com (no user/pass/dial) or the old internet3.voicestream.com ones.  It never connects.

Thoughts?

Thank you

M

• 1. Re: 3G/4G dongle with TM-AC1900
          smplyunprdctble

User Manual: Wi-Fi CellSpot™ Router

I'm assuming you followed the instructions on pages 40 & 41?

Have you looked at the logs to see if there's a specific error message?

• 2. Re: 3G/4G dongle with TM-AC1900
            ed60

did you do the setup on the router's page under USB application?

• 3. Re: 3G/4G dongle with TM-AC1900

Yes i read those (and did the setup under USB, also tried the connection wizard) - the only thing that appears related in the log is

Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: Build_for__ASUS_PRODUCTS_003_lke_8.9.0_r225078_b43

Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: Failed to enable MSI-X

Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: failed to allocate MSI entry

Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: usb usb1: No SuperSpeed endpoint companion for config 1  interface 0 altsetting 0 ep 129: using minimum values

Dec 31 19:00:15 kernel: scsi 0:0:0:0: CD-ROM            T-Mobile USB SCSI CD-ROM  0001 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0

Dec 31 19:00:15 kernel: scsi 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 5

Dec 31 19:00:16 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!

Dec 31 19:00:16 WAN Connection: Ethernet link down.

Dec 31 19:00:16 dnsmasq[579]: warning: interface ppp1* does not currently exist

Dec 31 19:00:17 TM-AC1900: start httpd

I notice that my exact model is not in the list on the device - i have it set to "Auto".  The website shows as supported.  This is an old USB stick so i figured the firmware must be new enough

• 4. Re: 3G/4G dongle with TM-AC1900

Does Tmobile read these forums? or am i posting in the wrong place?

• 5. Re: 3G/4G dongle with TM-AC1900
                  ed60

Yes they do but with the volume of threads it takes a while

• 6. Re: 3G/4G dongle with TM-AC1900
                    tforce_joshua_j

Hi! Is this still ongoing? We would love to assist with doing this on your behalf, but with our extended response times on our support community and emails, if possible, we ask that you reach out via Direct Message on Twitter or Private Message on Facebook for a quicker response (please include a link to this support community thread in your message). This way we can ensure we are able to assist with this in a timely manner. Thank you.

• 7. Re: 3G/4G dongle with TM-AC1900
                      tforce_keith_m

Hello, it's been over 36 hours since our last comment so we are now marking this post as assumed answered. You can continue to post, and other community users may respond, but if you would like assistance from T-Mobile or T-Force, please create a new discussion.