7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2014 11:18 AM by richvc RSS

4G LTE signal booster Problem

I have a large house (6k sq. ft.).  I have the window unit in one corner of the house upstairs (only gets 1-2 bars and shows intermittent LTE).  No matter where I put it in the house, the coverage unit will not register greater than a 1 or it shows out of range.  Even when it shows a 1, it occasionally recycles (every few minutes).  Is it defective?

• 1. Re: 4G LTE signal booster Problem
          chris13

My window unit gets the same amount of signal as yours and when I placed the coverage unit as far away as possible it wouldn't register, so I moved it closer and got a 5, which is less than the instructions suggest. I then moved it back to the furthest spot and plugged in and then went back to the window unit and unplugged for 10 seconds.  When I plugged the window unit back in and it went thru its gyrations my coverage unit now showed a 9, which is what u should shoot for per instructions.  Try the unplug/plug and see if that helps, if not, u may have to call tech support.

• 2. Re: 4G LTE signal booster Problem

Thanks.  I tried this, but I still get the same result.  Just a 1 on the coverage unit.

• 3. Re: 4G LTE signal booster Problem
              tforce_matt

Hey richvc!

We know it's important to have coverage where it matters most! Have you ever seen higher than a 1 on the coverage unit, or has it always been this way?

• 4. Re: 4G LTE signal booster Problem

On occasion, I walk by and the unit is registering a 2.  But is usually a 1.  I have requested a new unit.  I should get it Friday.  Then I can see if that one works better.

• 5. Re: 4G LTE signal booster Problem
                  tforce_cassy

We are glad to hear a replacement is on its way! Please keep us updated.

• 6. Re: 4G LTE signal booster Problem

richvc wrote:

I have a large house (6k sq. ft.).  I have the window unit in one corner of the house upstairs (only gets 1-2 bars and shows intermittent LTE).  No matter where I put it in the house, the coverage unit will not register greater than a 1 or it shows out of range.  Even when it shows a 1, it occasionally recycles (every few minutes).  Is it defective?

I was wondering if the new unit fix your problem. I have the same issue here and I have been trying to get this unit to work at my parent's house for over a month. Tech support told me that its not the unit that is the tower in my area. but I go outside the house and get good reception and very fast speeds. My parent's house is a very big house and I just cant believe that the coverage unit can only give me a 3 or a 4. An once in a while the unit will show that is to far from the window unit. So I cant get a higher number but I can go far enough to get the unit to show that is to far. ???? makes no sense.  Thanks for your help!

• 7. Re: 4G LTE signal booster Problem

I go the new booster, and now I can get it to a 2 or 3.  So it is better, but not a lot (and it still resets on occasion).  Nowhere near the 8/9 you would like.  Again, if I move it four feet further away it says it can't connect to the window unit.  I just think they haven't worked all of the bugs out of this thing yet.