2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2014 4:56 AM by ejoro RSS

I can't connect to my media server via Air Video App

I have been using a media server app called Air Video for a long time now and ever since I made the switch to Tmobile from ATT, it no longer works over my Tmobile cellular connection. I have been doing a lot of research and testing and it seems that a lot of ports are closed or filtered on the Tmobile network. Is there any way to open them up?

• 1. Re: I can't connect to my media server via Air Video App

Hi ejoro!

We'd love to look into this for you! Are you getting any kind of notification when attempting to utilize this feature? Are you using a T-Mobile branded device or unlocked?

• 2. Re: I can't connect to my media server via Air Video App

Hi Janna!

I'm getting an error while resolving the server address. Server not reachable. The funny thing is that I can enter in my server pin and authenticate the server while on my cellular connection but then cannot retrieve any data after that. I'm on an iPhone 6 for tmobile and it is not unlocked. I have tethered my phone to my iPad and the same thing happens so I know its the tmobile cellular connection. I even tried searching for open ports on the connection but failed to find any that were open. It was either they were filtered or closed. The port that Air Video is trying to use is filtered port which filtered pretty much means that it has a firewall. So I guess a request can go in but nothing can come out. Hope you can help =)