Many users are probably anticipating the newest Android kitkat version(4.4.4) on their less than a year old Galaxy Note 3. Here are some details for that topic. These are assumptions made from the "Quarterly Android System Upgrade Report from Samsung Korea". There are two assumptions...
1) Upgrade Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.4, End support. No Android 4.4.4 for other Galaxy devices, jump straight to Android L.
2) Upgrade Galaxy Note 2, S4, Note 3, and S5 to Android 4.4.4. End support for Galaxy Note 2, delay Android L integration for S4, Note 3 and S5.
Here is what is confirmed from the quarterly report...
1) Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2 update has been tested and released to all carriers regardless what the carriers say.
2) Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4.4 is scheduled for November, 2014 for Korean Note 2 devices.
3) Android 4.4.4 update is not shown for S4, Note 3, S5 on the report.
X= Visit https://www.samsung.co.kr/Q2Android/Account/Developer/Sdk/opensource.html if you want the report. You must have a VPN routing through a Korean server.
Yeah, every single article I've read online are expecting Samsung to skip android 4.4.3 and/or 4.4.4 to android L for their latest flagships or at least the ones still qualifying for new firmwares update, even their latest the S5 that was supposed to receive the 4.4.3 in June didn't receive nothing and there's no single word about it which supports the speculation of Samsung going straight to android L but anyways we got nothing to do, so let's wait and see.
I just performed the so called 4.4.4 update this morning to my Note 3. I had 4.4.3 prior. After the update, It was actually a downgrade from 4.4.3 to 4.4.2
Retrieving data ...