Jive and quoted text

drnewcomb2

In this forum, using the FireFox browser on Windows, when I quote a previous post most of the time about half the quoted text ends up below the quote box looking like part of my reply. Really inconvenient. I've taken to editing the quoted text to add additional lines below and remove the space between the "Joe Blow said:" and the quoted text. Sometimes I still have to go back and re-edit my post to get all the quoted text in the quote box.

I've noticed that I'm not the only user who seems to be having this problem, as others get messed up quoted text in their replies.

Now, my bet is that T-Mobile paid Jive a lot of money for this system. And if I were them I'd feel about like some of the folks who show up here to complain about their T-Mobile service. "When are you going to fix this." Just say'n.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Jive and quoted text

Have you tried typing your reply and then quoting like this.

drnewcomb2 wrote:

In this forum, using the FireFox browser on Windows, when I quote a previous post most of the time about half the quoted text ends up below the quote box looking like part of my reply. Really inconvenient. I've taken to editing the quoted text to add additional lines below and remove the space between the "Joe Blow said:" and the quoted text. Sometimes I still have to go back and re-edit my post to get all the quoted text in the quote box.

I've noticed that I'm not the only user who seems to be having this problem, as others get messed up quoted text in their replies.

Now, my bet is that T-Mobile paid Jive a lot of money for this system. And if I were them I'd feel about like some of the folks who show up here to complain about their T-Mobile service. "When are you going to fix this." Just say'n.

BTW it does the same thing for me about half the time and I use firefox and windows. I notice if I quote after my reply

it doesn't do it.

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Jive and quoted text

I've complained in the past about this already directly to tmo_ peeps (ok,

just one of them, and s/he was supposed to yell at "Jonathan")

I guess "Jonathan" needs more yelling