Let the bloodbath begin.......

cesaribenitez95

Lets see who can answered them all:

1. Who invented Bluetooth and where did they get the name?

2. Who is know as the mother of Wireless Fidelity?

3. What company made the first "smart watch"?

4. Before Bluetooth, what how did people transfer wireless information between devices?

5. Why do most phones use the same micro USB cable?

6. What is the software that every type of basic cellphone, smartphone, and yes even a car have use in command?

All replies

• 1. I don't know I rarely use Bluetooth.

2. Nicholas Tesla, no question.

3. I suggest you try to keep devices that emit radiation at least 3" - 5" away from your person at all times.

4. Ihdk ... infrared?

5. Why is it so difficult to plug into your device?

6. Wild guess Linux...

• cesaribenitez95

Re: Let the bloodbath begin.......

1. really?

2. no, his is the father of the AC current

3. lol what the?

4. yes

5. So the cable wont fall off.

6. Nope.

1/6

• A swing and a miss! Well... in my defense. I only attempted to correctly answer three of the questions.

So... 1/3 would be more approximate.

drnewcomb2

replied 13 hours ago

"I personally, would not feel inclined to blame T-Mobile for poor service if I was using a phone that could only access 1/3 of T-Mobile's available capacity. Since, in most markets, AT&T has 850 MHz WCDMA, that same phone will normally have 3G service on AT&T."

...4. Infrared

• cesaribenitez95

Any other takers? T-Force?

• 1. Hedy Lamarr (9 November 1914 – 19 January 2000) was an Austrian actress and inventor.[2] Her most significant technological contribution was her co-invention, together with composer George Antheil, of an early technique for spread spectrum communications and frequency hopping, which paved the way for today's wireless communications and which, upon its invention in 1941, was deemed so vital to national defense that government officials would not allow publication of its details.

At the Electronic Frontier Foundation's Sixth Pioneer Awards in 1997, she and George Antheil were honoured with special awards for their "trail-blazing development of a technology that has become a key component of wireless data systems.

2.  Well WiFi stands for “wireless fidelity” and is a popular technology being used by homes, workplaces, mobiles and computer systems world-wide.

So I assuming it's one of these people since they help invent the the wifi

John O'Sullivan

Graham Daniels

Diethelm Ostry

3. Well this is a trick question I have two answers for this question and they are both right.

Microsoft introduced Smart Personal Objects Technology (SPOT). SPOT was an operating system meant for simple accessories like watches and pendants. In fact, smartwatches were the first SPOT-based devices released, provided by Fossil, inc., Suunto, Swatch, and Tissot. SPOT worked across FM radio broadcast signals, which meant network access was free and plentiful, though you did have to subscribe to a yearly service to receive data from the SPOT servers. Unfortunately, the SPOT-based smartwatches were all discontinued in 2008

My other answer is The first digital watch, which debuted in 1972, was the Pulsar manufactured by Hamilton Watch Company. "Pulsar" became a brand name which would later be acquired by Seiko in 1978. In 1982, a Pulsar watch (NL C01) was released which could store 24 digits, making it most likely the first watch with user-programmable memory, or "memorybank" watch. With the introduction of personal computers in the 1980s, Seiko began to develop watches with computing ability. The Data 2000 watch (1983) came with an external keyboard for data-entry. Data was synced from the keyboard to the watch via electro-magnetic coupling (wireless docking). The name stems from its ability to store 2000 characters. The D409 was the first Seiko model with on-board data entry (via a miniature keyboard) and featured a dot matrix display. Its memory was tiny, at only 112 digits. It was released in 1984 in gold, silver and black. These models were followed by many others by Seiko during the 1980s, most notably the "RC Series"

4. I say back in the old days we use usb cords to send data before bluetooth

But you said wireless only thing I can think of is by sending and email to the phone as a text message for data

5. Cause it's cheaper and it's universal

6. No idea but by guessing its bluetooth

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • cesaribenitez95

After 08:20am CT I will post the answers so its still anyone's game

• 1. Bluetooth was developed by Ericsson, a large Swedish telecommunications equipment manufacturer. The specification was developed in 1994 by Jaap Haartsen and Sven Mattisson, who were working for Ericsson at the time.

The name "Bluetooth" comes from the 10th century Danish King Harald Blåtand or Harold Bluetooth in English. King Blåtand helped unite warring factions in parts of what are now Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Similarly, Bluetooth technology was created as an open standard to allow connectivity and collaboration between disparate products and industries.

2. I only know the Father of Wi-Fi: Vic Hayes.

3. Sony ?

4. Infrared

5. Honestly, I do not know. But I believe, it has something to do with an energy-efficient one-charger-fits-all new mobile phone solution which has been approved by ITU.

6. Microsoft?

• cesaribenitez95

Here are the answers:

1. Who invented Bluetooth and where did they get the name?

Invented by telecom vendor Ericsson in 1994,The word "Bluetooth" is an anglicized version of the Scandinavian Blåtand/Blåtann, (Old Norse blátonn) the epithet of the tenth-century king Harald Bluetooth who united dissonant Danish tribes into a single kingdom.

2. Who is know as the mother of Wireless Fidelity?

Hedy Lamarr, her co-invention with composer George Antheil, made an early technique for spread spectrum communications and frequency hopping which is now today is used in Wi-Fi.

3. What company made the first "smart watch"?

IBM the device name is WatchPad release in 2001

4. Before bluetooth, what how did people tranfer wirelessly infomation between devices?

Mobile Infrared, most devices that have it active will have a setting for "IrDA"

5. Why do most phones use the same micro usb cable?

By a ruleing of the GSMA, all manufactures of GSM phones must use the same charing port as it is the new standard. So, yes you guys were pretty close on the ideas behind it.

6. What is the software that every type of basic cellphone, smartphone, and yes even a car have use in command?

Java, it is used in over 6 billon devices