After an uneventful (albeit expensive) decade as an ATT customer, it came time for new phones and the better deal from t-mobile lured me over. On Monday the 15th I signed up over the phone and ordered 2 HTC One phones. The phones arrived the next day and that night I discovered that one works perfectly while the other has a camera that doesn't focus. It focused once right when I first tried it, then never again. I quickly found out online of course that there are many with this same problem.

I went into the local t-mobile store and they would not help me by exchanging the phone. NO WAY sir they are ever going to help me because I ordered the phone over the phone (as if I wasn't still ordering from t-mobile! GRRRR! I don't care about your stupid inventory policies. Help the freaking customer!) The only reason I ordered over the phone in the first place was because when I went into the local store to sign up and purchase the phones, t-mobiles system was down and I was told it had been down all day so come back tomorrow!! no joke.

So I went home after not being allowed to make a simple exchange that would have made me completely happy, and called in to t-mobile and went round and round with them again. Of course t-mobile tech support again stated that this is a surely a SOFTWARE issue with an upcoming patch. I was given the option to send back the phone and then they'd ship me another one, so oh goody I could pay the shipping and be without the phone for at least a week, and then still run the chance of receiving another phone with the same problem...

So after hours of getting nowhere I thought maybe I should just wait for the software patch that HTC is supposed to be releasing someday according to t-mobile. As I was putting the box away I noticed the HTC VIP sticker with their phone number in the box so decided to give them a call. Surprise surprise their tech support rep immediately told me that this is 100% positively a HARDWARE issue and NO UPDATE is ever going to be released that could fix these DEFECTIVE cameras. So they paid for overnight shipping and had me send them the phone which they are repairing and shipping back to me in expedited fashion (hopefully).

So all that to say if there is anyone out there who thinks there is a software fix coming for the HTC One camera defect, please don't listen to anyone telling you there is a software patch coming, and call HTC.

All replies

• Re: HTC One defective camera fiasco

The store and tmobile online have different inventory

Now that unsent the phone back to htc you might not be able tonreturn ot within the buyers remorse time if undecide indont want that phone and would have wanted anotherr phone

Tmobilenwould have paid tor your return shipping

They would have reimbursed you if u had asked

• Re: HTC One defective camera fiasco

"The store and tmobile online have different inventory"

The store has the phones in stock. It could all be managed in the system (if it isn't broken) but they prefer this stupid excuse to turn me away (with a smile) unassisted and that's bad customer service.

"Now that unsent the phone back to htc you might not be able tonreturn ot within the buyers remorse time if undecide indont want that phone and would have wanted anotherr phone"

I know and don't care because the phone is great and no remorse possible.

"Tmobilenwould have paid tor your return shipping"

They said I would have to pay it when that came up in the discussion.

"They would have reimbursed you if u had asked"

I didn't want to be reimbursed. I wanted to be helped and there was one easy and perfect solution that they were happy to deny me.

• roberteb2

Re: HTC One defective camera fiasco

I have a new HTC One M8 and it takes purple pictures.  T-Mobile was nice enough to offer a quick fix as did HTC when I called them. Tomorrow we will see if clearing the data from the camera app and the re-starting the phone will change all those bad colors to natural ones.  I'm hopeful, but I know better.