Hello I am using a gsm nexus 4 and started using the whatsapp application to message internationally. I am on an unlimited data plan so I'm wondering if I will still be charged for texting while using the app.

All replies

• Re: whatsapp

Apps like whatsapp use the internet (mobile data) to send texts. If you are in the US then you probably will not be charged. If you are international, you will have to pay for data if not on WiFi.

I have a question... does the phone number I sent the text will show up on my telephone bill? Thanks

• smplyunprdctble

Re: whatsapp

If you're using Whatsapp, everything stays within Whatsapp.  Which means if you send a text through your Whatsapp account, it shows up only in Whatsapp's tracking. 

Only texts sent from your number will show up from T-Mobile.  Whatsapp gives you your own "Whatsapp number"

I have  a question.  I have a studio x blu   android phone. i am within the US, and have tmobile..  I tried to do my own research for over an hour about this question, and when i tried to ask someone from tmobile all they kept doing was trying to force me to change my phone plan. which i don't want to do since im on a joint plan.

Question:   I want to Download Whatsapp  ,  But had read something about it charging you if u have an android phone.  I have unlimited data..i never leave the US.  I think i have the free wifi ...since i can go online anywhere with my phone...  but i need to know if i will be charged anything to text or call people in Canada, the UK, and Ireland.

• tidbits

You need to talk to whatsapp and that's their service. You will be charged for usage from T-Mobile depending on your plan however whatsapp has their own usage agreement as well.  So what plan do you have?

I'm not sure what plan i have.. since my mom and brothers names are on the account but mine is not...even though i pay half of the bill..no one will let me know anything..it's annoying.  i know i have unlimited talk and text. with 1 gb of fast data, then it slows after that.. no free long distance..  but that's about all i know :/

• tidbits

If you are in the states and use whatsapp there SHOULD be no charges from T-Mobile. There may be charges if whatsapp code doesn't do what it should do. Now if you are in a different country aside from the US then it would be dependant on your plan.

• smplyunprdctble

T-Mobile won't charge anything with Whatsapp.

You'll have to contact Whatsapp if there's charges from them.