T Mobile Service-Home Internet

• 4 December 2019
  • 14 replies

I currently have a 4G LTE hotspot with 22GB /month data. The cost for this service is substantial, but is is the only solution in my area for acceptable home internet. I have the option to switch to an ATT hotspot with unlimited data for less money, but I am happy with T Mobile service. The reps tell me that 22GB is the max plan. The T Mobile Home Internet option has rolled out and unfortunately you need an invitation to participate. When will the Home Internet rollout go nationwide? I am ready to switch to ATT what is keeping me at T Mobile? Customer Service is great, but customer retention sucks, they do not have the ability to keep customers. What to Do?

14 replies

I was very pleased when T-Mobile home internet became available in my area. The first month it seemed reliable than it took a turn, my speed goes form download of 200+ mbps to 1.5 mbps. To me that’s a terrible swing in speed rates. At first it was mostly at night now it’s all hours of the day hard to call that high-speed reliable internet service. I opened a trouble ticket with them and was told they were doing work on the tower, updates and maintenance, well they’ve been working on it a long time and so far, no results. I started a spreadsheet 5/19/2021 and keeping current showing date, time, server, ping, download and upload speeds and offered to send it to them when they called me on 6/1/2021, unfortunately they didn’t want it. I would be glad to share it with anyone who would like to see it. I live in CO. Jefferson County, not sure where my tower is but they tell my location is great, and my unit always has 4 out of 5 connection bars, just very poor speeds at many times. I really wanted this to work so I could get rid of my local provider, haven’t done that yet still evaluating T-Mobile so at the moment paying for two providers ones just not turned on.

I decided to provide this spread sheet, it shows date, time, server, ping, download and upload. I think after you see the large swing in speeds you will agree this at the moment doesn’t seem to be reliable speeds. I started this sheet after I was contacted by tech support in regard to my open trouble report ticket. I offered it to them but they refused and the ticket is still open and unresolved,   

Badge

I currently have a 4G LTE hotspot with 22GB /month data. The cost for this service is substantial, but is is the only solution in my area for acceptable home internet. I have the option to switch to an ATT hotspot with unlimited data for less money, but I am happy with T Mobile service. The reps tell me that 22GB is the max plan. The T Mobile Home Internet option has rolled out and unfortunately you need an invitation to participate. When will the Home Internet rollout go nationwide? I am ready to switch to ATT what is keeping me at T Mobile? Customer Service is great, but customer retention sucks, they do not have the ability to keep customers. What to Do?

T-Mobile is horrible on service.

Ordered home internet and the modem is only delivering 20 mb of download speeds.

This was last Monday.

Two nights straight I spent 2 hours on hold and finally gave up.

On Tuesday morning I spoke with a Manager by the name of Carlos after their  CSR told me 3 times that he had my back only trying to end the call by asking me if I wanted to send the modem back and keep Cox. Carlos promised a callback on Thursday evening at 6pm which never came.

I called corporate on Friday morning and the first time I got thru after a long wait someone picked up then hung up immediately.

On the second call the secretary told me that she would put me thru to the presidents office only to transfer me back to the main queue.

I have given up and will keep my cox cable.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have had t-mobile home internet for 50 + days.  I’m 2 miles from the cell tower.  The download speed ranges from  4.6 ~ 10.2 mbs.  The upload speed ranges from .5 mbs to 1.6 mbs.  Streaming buffers, sometimes I have to restart movie as it completely stops, prime music stops and starts on its own.  I have had at least 6 calls to customer service and have done all the troubleshooting known to man.  Nothing works.  I have been told I will get call backs from Engineering but have not received any call backs.

We are not heavy users just email, occasional zoom, internet searches.  Tonight the internet stopped and was not available for about 15 minutes.

T-mobile needs to get their act together.  I want to keep the service but it has been more than frustrating.

Badge

I have had t-mobile home internet for 50 + days.  I’m 2 miles from the cell tower.  The download speed ranges from  4.6 ~ 10.2 mbs.  The upload speed ranges from .5 mbs to 1.6 mbs.  Streaming buffers, sometimes I have to restart movie as it completely stops, prime music stops and starts on its own.  I have had at least 6 calls to customer service and have done all the troubleshooting known to man.  Nothing works.  I have been told I will get call backs from Engineering but have not received any call backs.

We are not heavy users just email, occasional zoom, internet searches.  Tonight the internet stopped and was not available for about 15 minutes.

T-mobile needs to get their act together.  I want to keep the service but it has been more than frustrating.

Get rid of it. I did.

No call backs and 2 hour wait time? I don’t think so.

I was very pleased when T-Mobile home internet became available in my area. The first month it seemed reliable than it took a turn, my speed goes form download of 200+ mbps to 1.5 mbps. To me that’s a terrible swing in speed rates. At first it was mostly at night now it’s all hours of the day hard to call that high-speed reliable internet service. I opened a trouble ticket with them and was told they were doing work on the tower, updates and maintenance, well they’ve been working on it a long time and so far, no results. I started a spreadsheet 5/19/2021 and keeping current showing date, time, server, ping, download and upload speeds and offered to send it to them when they called me on 6/1/2021, unfortunately they didn’t want it. I would be glad to share it with anyone who would like to see it. I live in CO. Jefferson County, not sure where my tower is but they tell my location is great, and my unit always has 4 out of 5 connection bars, just very poor speeds at many times. I really wanted this to work so I could get rid of my local provider, haven’t done that yet still evaluating T-Mobile so at the moment paying for two providers ones just not turned on.

I have the same issue. I joined in May and had over 200 Mbps speeds and now it is less than five. Wasted an hour today with customer support. So frustrated. I moved my phones to T-Mobile and now am going to explore going elsewhere!!!!

Yeah mine too

If the home internet router is "5G" why does it have such a weak signal when my 5G phone gets a full signal

I have been a loyal Tmobile customer for over 10 years.  Service has been at worst, Industry Average.  No Problems with Coverage.  Even have had some good deals on purchasing phones.  I use to have Att DSL Internet with no problems, the promises of 200 mbps would be a great improvement, so I thought that T-Mobile Home Internet was a great call.  I read all the online information about T-Mobile Home Internet that T-mobile.com had to say about it.  I personally don’t stream movies or surf the net.  But occasionally I will watch YouTube on my ChromeCast.

Nowhere did I read that they don’t support ChromeCast.  Would not work in my situation.  Then I had to work from Home on the following Friday and the Router (after spending 3 Hours on the phone holding) was condemned.  Needless to say that I would have been better off with the Att DSL.  At least it is dependable. 

Canceled T-Mobile Home Internet due to misrepresentation of product and poor reliability.  This now has me doubting my continuing Cell Phone Account. 

It’s honestly ridiculous.

I have a strong signal on my cell-phone for the area I have my home internet set-up through T-Mobile. The box (usually) has a “good” signal, yet is CONSTANTLY losing internet service. Sometimes a power-cycle will fix the service issue. Other times, I can restart and reset the device 100x and it’ll do nothing to solve the problem.

It’s an expensive device and service. You’d expect the speeds and reliability to be MUCH better to justify the cost.

I’m so irritated by T-mobile anymore.

This service is still terrible. I don’t see how a major company can say this is 5g service when there is nothing 5g about it. It’s poor and I’m tired of paying for something that is not giving me what my money is paying for. This needs to be addressed and like Now. Come on T-Mobile…. Get it together!

After two years of use,  when should a customer expect an equipment upgrade offer for home internet?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Tcarper Which TMO HI 5G gateway do you have?

franklin RG2100