Solved

Trade in Promotion

• 10 December 2019
  • 6 replies

T-Mobile is running a promotion this week where you can trade in a Iphone 7 for $500 with an addition to opening a new line.  I currently have 5 lines on my Tmobile ONE account.  I'm wondering if I open a new line with this promotion and canceled one of my old lines in 2-3 months, if it would effect the $500 promo?  I went to 3 different Tmobile stores and one said I can cancel one of the old lines first and then add the line a few days shouldnt be any problems.  Another store said I have to keep all the lines for 12 months before i can cancel any lines.   Another store said I have to keep all the lines during the 24 months till the phone is paid off before i cancel any lines.  Does anyone know what is the right answer??  Personally I don't need 6 lines, but trading in a 7 for $500 seems like a great offer. 

icon

Best answer by syaoran 11 December 2019, 00:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The easiest way, depending on how fast you want to take advantage of the trade in, is to activate a new line, then call in to cancel o e of the other lines.  That way, you still have 6 lines in the end and there is no few days waiting.

My issues is when canceling one of the old lines, will it void the $500 trade in promo.  I don't want to cancel one of the old lines just to find out that they void the $500 trade in promo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As far as I know, the promo is tied to the new line. 

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-38935#heading2

If you cancel your line before receiving 24 bill credits, you may owe up to the full value of your device (iPhone 11 64GB - $699.99) / (iPhone 11 Pro 64GB - $999.99) / (iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB - $1,099.99) / (iPhone XR 64GB - $599.99) / (iPhone XS 64GB - $749.99) / (iPhone XS Max 64GB - $849.99); if canceling your account, you can contact us first to instead make discounted monthly balance payments. Tax on pre-credit price due at sale. Limited time offer; subject to change. Qualifying service, additional line, eligible trade-in ($700 for iPhone 8, 8+, X, XR, XS, or XS Max, $500 for iPhone 7 or 7+, or $450 for iPhone 6s or 6s+), and finance agreement required. If you have canceled voice lines in past 90 days, reactivate them first. $10 SIM card, and, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 assisted or upgrade support charge may be required. Up to $700 via trade-in credit and monthly bill credits depending on trade-in device; must be active and in good standing to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles from device trade-in. Max 4/account. May not be combined with some offers or discounts (e.g. Carrier Freedom).​

Purchase a new iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR, XS, XS Max using T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan (EIP), activate a new voice line on a qualifying plan, trade in an eligible iPhone and save up to $700 via a one-time trade-in credit and 24 monthly bill credits.

Don’t fall into their dirty trick of trade in promotions. 15 months ago, I traded my like new iPhone 8 Plus for the iPhone 12 Pro Max and never received any trade-in promotion.

The only way I recommend is to do the trade-in in store and make sure the promotion is active before leaving, otherwise they will screw you up.

Trust me I have been emailing, phoning, texting, and chatting with customer service every month for the last 15 months and still nothing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Popkin/status/1502838051705348098?s=20&t=UDI5NeQxN-VKTmW6BFprtA