OnePlus7Pro Oxygen OS  10.0.1.GM21AA

trey2260
    If OnePlus has had the Stable, Finished OnePlus7Pro Oxygen OS Update 10.0.1.GM21AA out since October 18th, 2019 then why has T-MOBILE been unable to forward any Android 10 update as of yet, half way through November?‽

All replies

• syaoran

Re: OnePlus7Pro Oxygen OS  10.0.1.GM21AA

For starters, you are misinterpreting, *stable".  It is not finished, hence the 2 betas that have followed the stable release.  What they seem to have meant by stable, was good enough to call it slightly better than a beta.

Now, the T-Mobile firmware is in closed beta with OnePlus FUT program members.  Instead of taking the time to search and find that out, you, and others, come here, create threads, whining because you feel entitled to an update that is not ready yet.  When it is ready, OnePlus will release it! Consider yourself thankful that your device doesn't have a half finished update with various broken features, because then, you actually might have a reason to complain about.

Now, before you rage on about my response.  I am not a T-Mobile employee and am just a customer, like most around here.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • unegv

That or you could be stuck on Android 9, and your phone stop sending or receiving texts. They make you do a factory reset and your messaging came back, but certain apps stop working like the T-Mobile app ( how ironic). I like the OnePlus hardware, just beginning to think that their software is half baked. I was hoping Android 10 would magically come and fix all my issues, but alas OnePlus is becoming like LG in my eyes..they promised software updates, they just have too many devices and can't deliver

• unegv

P.S.

T-Mobile doesn't make the update. They just push it if it ever gets made. They could care less about your enhanced experience. They just want you to either keep paying for your phone or jump and keep paying for their services. Oh well

• magenta6294992

I've been in the US cellphone sales industry for a number of years....the CARRIERS push the updates here....and if that weren't true, we OnePlus 7 Pro users on T-Mobile would already have our upgrade to Android 10, since the international version has been out now for over a month, wouldn't we?

• syaoran

Feel free to believe that decade old information!  You prove how little sales people know about the products they are selling.  OEM's got tired a long time ago that the carriers were messing up their devices.  T-Mobile and carriers are purchasing devices that come with an OS.  It is up to the OEM to support and develop that OS, whatever it is.  Most carriers even contract out for their bloatware.  The carriers do provide a little feedback on the firmware but that is not very often.  The only carrier that has control over when those updates push, is AT&T, because they have that in their deal with the OEM's when purchasing their devices.  This is how AT&T prevents features like WiFi Calling and VoLTE from working on non-AT&T devices as well as preventing your device purchased from them from getting updates if you leave them. 

Now, as a FUT member for both the GM1915 and GM1917, you are wrong!  When it comes to that Android 10 update, which both of my devices have.  Even though the GM1917 is called, "Stable", it is still not a finalized update and hasn't been pushed to every device running GM1917.  Beta 4 and beta 5 are newer and do address some of the issues with 10.0.1 but not all of the major issues have been resolved as of yet. 

• thelungmeister

magenta6294992 is correct. I've worked P&D for TMO and Sprint, every carrier gets final approval on every push that goes to a phone including Pixel and iPhone. The Carrier does the QA and sends notes to the OEM who tweaks the OS and sends an updated version back to the carrier. When a build is approved by the carrier QA team, the approval gets sent to the PM's who send it to the NF's who then push out the update. The only time this is not the case, is with non-carrier branded devices.

• curtis8

Last month OnePlus released the official version of Android 10 based on Oxygen OS 10 for their flagship phones. The latest Oxygen OS 10 firmware update brought stable Android 10 build along with several new features UPSers

• magenta10119853

What and why is it taking T-mobile so long to test and release Android 10 for the Oneplus 7pro?

• magenta8617201

I'm not seeing any sign of the Android 10 update anywhere. OnePlus community under TMobile doesn't have anyone saying they received the update or heard anything about it. As far as I know it's still in the development phase.