Switch to T-Mobile from AT&t.

ruby3359

I switched October 13th from AT&t to T-Mobile. I switched over with a Sony xz-2. Which has been 12 but is not certified with T-Mobile definitely does not have band 71. Seems to work but when I do speed test it seems pretty slow on the speed test. Good morning at the speedtest.net app is working or not.

I did bring over a note 8 which has band 12 and it certified on T-Mobile, have not test that one out fully yet.

I was just wondering because I have full signal on my Sony xz-2 but it's still only pulling down about two to three megabits download. Where I am at currently. Which is sylmar California.

Any helpful insights would be greatly appreciated.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Switch to T-Mobile from AT&t.

Do a network reset.

Sometimes switching carriers requires this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • drnewcomb2

The XZ2 should be a very capable phone with T-Mobile. If it's not able to utilize its 5-way carrier aggregation, you may have low speed. Do you know if it has some sort of engineering menu? 

• ruby3356

ruby3359 wrote:

I switched October 13th from AT&t to T-Mobile. I switched over with a Sony xz-2. Which has been 12 but is not certified with T-Mobile definitely does not have band 71. Seems dgcustomerfirst to work but when I do speed test it seems pretty slow on the speed test. Good morning at the speedtest.net app is working or not.

I did bring over a note 8 which has band 12 and it certified on T-Mobile, have not test that one out fully yet.

I was just wondering because I have full signal on my Sony xz-2 but it's still only pulling down about two to three megabits download. Where I am at currently. Which is sylmar California.

Any helpful insights would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure your APN settings are correct.