Solved

Thinking about buying a RealMe X2 Pro

• 9 November 2019
  • 15 replies

Hello everyone. I currently have a Iphone 7+ and its have not been working well.

The Mic Function has ceased to work. Now i have to use a Bluetooth headset with me at all times to answer calls.

Now I am thinking about getting a RealMe X2 Pro Phone.

Can anyone help me with how compatible it is with T-Mobile?

From my research, it's not really that far behind the Iphone 7+ bandwidth

Like the difference is missing Bandwidth 13, 25, 29, 30. They Both doesn't support Bandwidth 71.

What am i going to miss?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 9 November 2019, 20:09

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's missing bands 66 and 71 plus you never know if wifi calling will work .

If it were me , I would buy a OnePlus phone which you know from the get go

that wifi calling works and plays well on the Tmobile network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I personally think it is better to wait for next year's 5G devices.  The first fully 5G compatible devices for T-Mobile will be the Samsung Galaxy S11's.  There will be non-5G models for that line as well.  As for OnePlus, I would suggest waiting for the OnePlus 8 line for a fully compatible 5G model.

Ultimately, when you want to get a new phone makes a big difference.  If you want something now, the OnePlus 7 Pro or 7T are decent phones for the price. 

Hi, a little late replay but better late than never, right  ...I have the Realme X2 Pro and I have used it on a T-Mobile network Network for couple of months now! The phone is GREAT, totally worth it and I have not noticed any issues at all, people can say whatever but it has a band (2) witch is the 1900 and that is the main band for T-mobile, even GSMarena had that wrong and they didn't know the phone supports that band, I contacted the Realme customer service, they confirmed that the phone supports 1900 band and I got it! I don't regret a second!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Band 2 depends on where you live , you may go into an area where

Tmobile doesn't have band 2 coverage and the phone won't work since band 2

is not the main band for Tmobile.

Ye, I agree but how many places is it there out there actually where there is no band 2 support in USA....and anyway I don't think a person with interest of Realme X2 pro device is a suberband redneck and lives where there is no covarage! Everything is relevant to what you network provides and where you will use your phone when you order a model abroad that is not made for your country!

I live in NY and I have been on the whole East Coast and in many suberband areas the last months and never been without coverege!

I just wanted to confirm to that person that I have the phone he wants and it works, and that I confirm by reality!

Thanks for confirming. Can you confirm Wi-Fi calling works? Can you confirm VoLTE (use mobile data /Wi-Fi internet  while on a live call)? My office has a dead spots (sub-basement) and I need wifi calling and all about to work. I'm also in NY. Please let me know. TIA!

I have the Realme X2 Pro also. I live in NY. Phone is amazing and works great on T-Mo. WiFi calling and VoLTE has not been activated on the phone yet. It is possible it may arrive with Android 10 in the March '20 update. Other recent OTA updates from Realme have activated those features on other carriers. We should see it in the near future.

Just copped an X2 Pro and I love the phone. However, the VoLTE and WiFi calling do not work.  In addition, there is no "LTE" indicator in the status bar next to signal bars, only "4G". Used the "Force LTE Only" app and the VoLTE provisioning and WiFi calling settings are all greyed out.

Just got off the phone with T-mobile tech support, they tried a few things including forcing a provisioning and came to the conclusion that band 66 is required for full LTE and therefore VoLTE will not work without it. This phone will not support VoLTE on T-Mobile

noxious wrote:

Just got off the phone with T-mobile tech support, they tried a few things including forcing a provisioning and came to the conclusion that band 66 is required for full LTE and therefore VoLTE will not work without it. This phone will not support VoLTE on T-Mobile

This can't be true because some of my previous phones, like the Xiaom Mi9, and  even my original Google Pixel can utilize VoLTE and WiFi calling on T-Mobile and they both do NOT have Band 66. After speaking with a T-Mo tech, and working together to research online, we found that Realme had only activated WiFi calling for two networks....Jio and another. (I forget the name.) Hence, it seems that Realme must enable the feature to work on your network for some reason. Doesn't make sense to me, but bottom line is it isn't working. As great as this phone is, this might prevent me from buying another Realme product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Using QPST, it is possible on some devices, to change the WiFi Calling and VoLTE profiles set by the manufacturer.  I am not sure if it is possible with that device, but it might be worth checking over at XDA to see if anyone has a solution for you.

syaoran wrote:

Using QPST, it is possible on some devices, to change the WiFi Calling and VoLTE profiles set by the manufacturer. I am not sure if it is possible with that device, but it might be worth checking over at XDA to see if anyone has a solution for you.

I appreciate the reply. I'll check over there now. I definitely need to get these features running.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This thread is for the Poco F1 but there are a lot of other devices mentioned in the thread as well.  Messing with QPST can definitely brick a device, but the information in there on how Android handles WiFi Calling is valuable to anyone interested in learning more about how Android works with WiFi Calling profiles.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/how-to/guide-activate-vowifi-wlan-call-t3871263

syaoran wrote:

This thread is for the Poco F1 but there are a lot of other devices mentioned in the thread as well. Messing with QPST can definitely brick a device, but the information in there on how Android handles WiFi Calling is valuable to anyone interested in learning more about how Android works with WiFi Calling profiles.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/how-to/guide-activate-vowifi-wlan-call-t3871263

You're a good man. Thank you for this. I reached out within the X2 Pro forums also. Let's keep each other updated.

QPST needs ROOT level access, FYI.

QPST needs ROOT level access, FYI.

Did you find a way to enable VoLTe for X2 Pro?   I have a few days to make a decision on whether or not to return the phone.  Thanks in advance!