Pixel 4 XL 128GB availability on T-Mobile?

pbcya501

Is the Pixel 4 XL device on T-Mobile only available with 64GB? Every other carrier has the 128GB variant. Are there any plans to stock the 128GB?

All replies

• terracotta333

Re: Pixel 4 XL 128GB availability on T-Mobile?

Hi...

Thanks for the inquiry... as of the moment T-mobile only have the 64GB

Google Pixel 4 XL

• 6.3” QHD+ OLED display with 90 Hz refresh rate
        • 64GB, 6GB RAM
        • 12.2/16MP dual rear cameras with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
        • 8MP selfie camera
        • Android 10.0
        • 2 colors (Clearly White & Just Black)
        • Prices starting at: $899.99

Ridiculous. Hard to imagine that in this day and age, you'd expect people to be happy with 64 GB and no expandable storage (which the Pixel line does not have). Very frustrating you aren't initially offering the 128 GB version as well.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • tidbits

4694323930 wrote:

Ridiculous. Hard to imagine that in this day and age, you'd expect people to be happy with 64 GB and no expandable storage (which the Pixel line does not have). Very frustrating you aren't initially offering the 128 GB version as well.

This day and age most people use less than 64GB and probably have 70% of it available. 

It comes down to money.  Do you think OEM's are just going to give carriers devices for free to sell?  No they'll make carriers pay up front for them and based on a lawsuit that happened OEM's admitted they make the money on device sales not carriers who often break even if not lose money on device sales.

Right now T-Mobile has spent billions on their network in the past few years more than any other carrier.  AT&T and Verizon averages a lot more money per customer, and also has more customers than T-Mobile.  Makes it easier to spend that money... Sprint is on life support and losing more money per day and trying everything they can to get out or acquire more customers.  There's a lot more than T-Mobile is not getting what techies want as we are the minority.

• magenta10234777

I asked the same question when they 1st came to the pre-order it when it was available to do so. If they can offer the 522gb Samsung Note 10 should be be an excuse for not having the 128GB variant of the Pixel 4s.

• drnewcomb2

Why does T-Mobile have to sell what you can buy from Google?
                Google Store - Pixel, Chromecast and more

• cucogordo

Why wouldn't they sell both models like other carriers? Also, some would prefer to buy from T-Mobile and just add the cost to their monthly bill, you can't do that from Google.

• drnewcomb2

You can make the same argument for every variation of every device made anywhere. In the end, T-Mobile (like any other retailer) has to make a business decision about what their customers want to buy. A couple months back someone was asking why T-Mobile didn't carry the new Samsung Fold. They couldn't accept the idea that maybe T-Mobile didn't want to sell (on credit) and insure an extremely expensive phone that might prove to me prone to malfunctions and breakage. Why don't they offer a plan tailored for flip-phone users, who just want talk and text? They made a business decision not to, in order to streamline their operation and cater to the 99% who want lots of data. If someone is looking for talk and text, Consumer Cellular and PagePlus offer those plans.

• mrav

The OnePlus 7t has 128GB and is $599.  That is the device I just chose.  I was going to go the Pixel 4 route until I saw only 64GB with TMobile.  My Galaxy S7 had 32GB + an SDHC card (I had an extra 32GB there) so 64GB without expansion wasn't going to cut it.  I was already deleting unused apps all the time to keep enough space and moving a few compatible apps to SDHC.

• guy4jesuschrist

I agree! It makes ZERO sense why T-Mobile isn't offering the 128GB option for the Pixel 4 & 4 XL. It also makes no sense that they've stopped carrying the OnePlus 7 Pro, since the 7t Pro isn't available in the US.

When I switched to T-Mobile last year, their device options were so much more flexible. Now, I'm wishing I was still with AT&T...but unfortunately, I'm on a family plan with 3 others that aren't trying to upgrade their devices and are happy with the plan prices.

• abidbodal

Yes, totally ridiculous that T-mobile doesn't have the 128GB Pixel4! I don't mind paying $100 more for the extra storage. I've been a customer with tmobile for 14 years and they can't sell us a phone that the manufacturer has available in their store.

The most impressive feature on the phone is the camera which would mean the user would take many pictures at high resolution.

On my pixel1, I currently use 32GB in just apps alone (and have no big games) and another 40GB in pictures.

• nk69

I hope this mistake is temporary if you guys at T-Mobile are reading this...

You are forcing your likely top-tier customers to go elsewhere by opting out of the 128GB 4 XL.

Thank you.

• magenta2320293

T-mobile is literally the only carrier not carrying the 128GB option and the "Oh So Orange" color. SMH

• adlv21

Extremely dumb decision, as to the person saying is not needed, if a Pixel had SD card support storage would be no problem. It is not a price issue with T-Mobile. Heck they might be better off just offering the 128GB variant

• drnewcomb2

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I prefer to buy phones from anyone but T-Mobile. That way the phone comes without carrier locks, bloat, crippling and spyware. The fact that T-Mobile doesn't sell a phone that I like is irrelevant as long as it's available elsewhere.

• magenta10230830

Well good for you    does help me...

• drnewcomb2

magenta10230830 wrote:

Well good for you does help me...

What help do you need? Google sells this phone, either straight up or on credit. T-Mobile obviously feels it's not to their advantage to carry this model. They can't carry every phone that any customer might possibly want.  In the end, they are a wireless carrier; they sell phones only to  assist their main business: providing mobile phone service.

• magenta10230830

Well for starters I'd like to trade my old pixel in and get some money out

of it Google won't give me crap for it. I'm just going to purchase a

different phone screw Google and screw the pixel line I have been a pixel

user since the first pixel  I've had enough of Google and their crap.  Have

a real funny feeling that the pixel will be on T-Mobile in 128gb it's going

to be a Black Friday special and there's going to be a lot of upset

customers that purchased prior.

• drnewcomb2

Some aspects of the cell phone business that are opaque to customers is who finances the trade-in of phones, how they are priced at wholesale and how the credit sale of phones is financed. A lot of this may be in the hands of 3rd parties. It's likely that the numbers just don't add up for some models. Also, if you've been successful with trading in your old phones on the purchase of new ones, I take my hat off to you. I've read horror stories about people who trade in phones and get zero credit for their old phone that they could have sold for $200+, due to some minor scratch of chip.

• guy4jesuschrist

I've wondered if, in this case, it's Google being greedy and hoping that it drives people who get the 64GB model to sign up for their Google One storage subscription, especially since they no longer include Unlimited Storage at Original Quality for Pixel owners. It really sucks, because I really want to get my next phone under T-Mobile's Jump On Demand plan, just in case the battery life sucks on the Pixel 4 because of the small battery and 90Hz display, and I want to switch to a different device without having to pay off the Pixel 4 first.

I just can't stand the idea of having only 64GB of storage, and the very likely possibility of constantly having to find files, pics, and/or apps to delete because of running low on storage. It's happened to me before, back pre-2015 before I decided to try iPhone. Now that I'm ready to switch back to Android and see a worthy phone to upgrade to, there's a road block, and it's not clear who's at fault; T-Mobile or Google. It's rather frustrating!