iPhone 11 Pro Max Paid Off & T-Mobile DO NOT KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK!!!!

buffintl

Bought a Brand New iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB. T-mobile is running on my E-sim right now and would like to use my second business line under the sim card. Its been one week and T-mobile doesn't know how to unlock a dual sim phone. It shouldn't take this long. I pay off the device when I bought it and I request an unlock and this is what T-mobile send me. Its been a week and 3 days. T-mobile customer service has really deteriorated over the last year. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

10 YEAR customer that is considering going to VERIZON.

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. Our records indicate that your account is canceled with unpaid pending charges. Once the pending charges have been paid in full, please contact us to have a new SIM Unlock Request submitted. You can make a payment by dialing Customer Care at 1-800-937-8997.

Unlock Request #: 41644973

All replies

• gramps28

Even though it's paid off it takes 40 days of usage on the Tmobile network to be eligible

for an unlock code.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

Postpaid accounts

• The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
        • The device must be paid in full.
        • For canceled accounts, the account balance must be zero.
          • buffintl

Since when, because every iPhone I have had in the years of T-mobile (Since 2013) I would get it during launch then have a request to have it unlock so when I travel over seas I can use other carriers when traveling on business. These are business lines, not personal lines.

• gramps28

Then you want to make the request through messenger on Tmobile's Facebook or Twitter account

but there's still no guarantee it will be unlocked.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

Military and other exceptions

• Deployed military personnel in good standing are eligible to have their devices unlocked upon provision of deployment papers.
                • Exceptions to some or all requirements may apply in other circumstances for Business and Government Accounts.
                • To obtain an unlock code for a non T-Mobile device you must contact the original mobile carrier or manufacturer.
                • Not all devices are compatible with every mobile carrier, your device may not operate the same on a different carrier’s network once unlocked.
                • For more information about T-Mobile’s network compatibility requirements, see Bring Your Own Device.
            • magenta10252127

Most carriers within the United States won't allow Dual-Sim support. Since you are using your e-Sim with your service you won't be able to use the extra slot, even though it has a slot for a physical sim. If you get the phone SIM-Unlocked, then it may work, but it's not guaranteed with ANY carrier. So "going to Verizon " won't fix the problem, as you will still encounter the same issue. Ultimately, the US iPhone 11 Pro models don't fully support total dual-sim functionality since it is up to the carrier of whom you are using the e-Sim or nano-sim with to allow dual functionality.

• endeavour1701

I can't say it more, and especially in your case, why purchasing through the carrier ?

What benefit do you get ?

People you will have at the phone are just useless. They do not understand the technology.

Like when the eSIM arrived witht eh iPhone XS, they thought is was for playing. They couldn;t understand the necessity for people to have it.

Anyway, next time, help yourself, and purchase your iPhone directly from Apple, with no carrier. Then, no trouble with the SIM lock.

Also, by the way, you need to provide the IMEI of the physical card for them to unlock the phone. The IMEI of the eSIm is not registered in their syste, for some weird reason. And I am still not sure they are able to unlock the eSim or not. And good luckl to find someone who can actually answer that question.

• tidbits

buffintl wrote:

Bought a Brand New iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB. T-mobile is running on my E-sim right now and would like to use my second business line under the sim card. Its been one week and T-mobile doesn't know how to unlock a dual sim phone. It shouldn't take this long. I pay off the device when I bought it and I request an unlock and this is what T-mobile send me. Its been a week and 3 days. T-mobile customer service has really deteriorated over the last year. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

10 YEAR customer that is considering going to VERIZON.

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. Our records indicate that your account is canceled with unpaid pending charges. Once the pending charges have been paid in full, please contact us to have a new SIM Unlock Request submitted. You can make a payment by dialing Customer Care at 1-800-937-8997.

Unlock Request #: 41644973

Where did you buy the device from?