Unable to connect Win 10 PC to mobile hotspot

kcav

I would like to connect a Win 10 PC to the Internet using the mobile hotspot. On my iPhone if I go to Settings/Personal Hotspot it shows my WiFi Password for my Mobile Hotspot, but when I  go to WiFi Settings the mobile hotspot doesn't appear.  I clicked on Other and entered the hotspot name and password.  It did not find the mobile hotspot.  I have an iPad that sees the mobile hotspot and it connects to the Internet through the hotspot. The Win 10 PC doesn't see the Mobile Hotspot.  What do I need to do to connect to the Win 10 PC to the Internet using the Mobile Gateway router.

All replies

• kcav

Re: Unable to connect Win 10 PC to mobile hotspot

In addition to an iPhone I have an Andriod cell phone with mobile hotspot installed on it.  I turned off the iiPhone, turned on the Android phone and found the mobile hotspot on it listed among available networks. When I selected it my Win 10 PC connected to the Internet.

• tmo_lauren

Hmm.

It sounds like it's likely an issue with the PC if other devices can connect. If you refresh to find new devices, does it still not find it?

-Lauren

• kcav

Lauren. Thank you for your reply.

I had the SIM card removed from the iPhone and install in a G8 ThinQ

returned the iPhone

• kcav

(Message sent inadvertently before finished)

I returned the iPhone to Apple because I did not like the user interface.

Before I returned it I went to T-Mobile store, the SIM card was removed

from the iPhone and installed in a LG K20 Plus, model LG-TP260.  I

purchased a new line for a phone named G8 ThinQ, model LM-G820TM.  Now

Mobile Hotspot works on both phones and I can connect my iPad and Win 10

PCs to the Internet through the mobile hotspot.

I still have a problem. When I receive calls on the LG K20 Plus people tell

me there is a lot of static.   Maybe I should move the SIM card from the LG

K20 Plus and installed in the G8 ThinQ and cancel the new line?  That way I

would have a phone that works and not have to tell all my Contacts I have

new phone number, or maybe the cause of the background noise could be

determined and corrected and I would have two phones.

• tmo_amanda

Kudos for giving the iPhone a shot. It sounds like the hotspot issue has resolved itself since you're using a different phone.

As far as the static goes on the LG K20 Plus -- is this happening on all calls (that you're aware of)? Do you notice an improvement if you're in a different location? Try switching your K20 to 2G only by following these steps and let us know if others still hear static.

• tmo_mike_c

Amanda left a link to some great steps. Have you tested them out to see if they help?