LTE Suddenly Not Working on TMobile - Sony Xperia XA2 H3123

magenta10168030

Okay, first thing I'm posting this same thing on Sony as well to see if there is anything they come up with, and I've spoken to the TMobile tech department, James, which they have gotten basically no where in resolving this.  Though he was extremely helpful in at least resolving the issue that my number was somehow in a server and set for purging on your side, just weird.

I've had a brand new Sony Xperia XA2 (H3123) for over a year, working flawlessly on T-Mobile with LTE service showing all the time everywhere I go in Los Angeles areas or other areas as well.  Did my research on this phone prior to buying to ensure I was good to go on frequency's and bands with T-Mobile, as there are other models not on the same bands, but this one in particular is.

Android 9.0 says fully up to date.

Problem: starting Oct 5, 2019 my phone no longer can be connected to LTE and RECEIVE incoming calls or texts.  I CAN send texts, make out going calls, use the internet, email comes in and out, but NO incoming calls or texts happen.

*When I disable LTE, the phone reverts to H+ and all incoming calls and texts happen instantly no issues.

I really am not sure what could be the problem, besides T-Mobile changing something recently.

Any help would be truly appreciated in potentially fixing this back to being able to use LTE.

Things I have done:

Reset networks. Numerous time.

Restart phone. Numerous times.

Checked that the APN is: Fast.t-mobile.com

Checked barring is disabled.

Checked forwarding is disabled.

Sony Mobile Networks for Xperia XA2 H3123 phone state:

Primary 4G/5G networkLTE Cat13 700/850/1700/1900/2600 (Bands 2,4,5,7,12,13,17,28,29,66)
    Primary data networkGPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, LTE, LTE-A

T-Mobile network frequencies & technology (website) https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4988

1900 MHz2

4G LTE

4G

3G

2G

1700/2100 MHz

(AWS)

4G LTE

4G

3G

4G LTE

According to TMobile's website IEMI check:

Xperia XA2

IMEI: ***************

• Your phone doesn't support Extended Range LTE or Voice over LTE technology.

All replies

• pigankle

Chiming in - I have a never-locked XPeria copmact and have almost exactly the same set of symptoms in Seattle.  I called tech support, who offered the following:

1. Maybe because it is an unlocked phone.

2.  Maybe because towers in my area are being upgraded (?)

3. Here - I'll send you a provisioning file by text and check back in 3 days.

#3 didn't help, and the other two weren't even concrete solutions, just guesses about cause.

I don't think it is the Xperia issue, though, because my daughter, who has an unlocked verizon S7, is experiencing the same problems.