Phone function and Speaker not working

cbecker0404

1. The phone call function on my iPhone has stopped working, despite hard resets and checking Apple support. I can neither accept incoming calls nor make outgoing calls. The "speaker" function is greyed out (see first photo attached) and then I get the "called failed" screen (see second photo attached).

2. Likely related, the speaker function does not work either - for example, when I attempt to Search by voice, the phone doesn't seem to hear me (third photo attached).Image-1 (1).jpg

InkedIMG_6477_LI.jpgInkedIMG_6476_LI.jpg

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Phone function and Speaker not working

Good morning, cbecker0404! It sounds like your iPhone is practically unusable . You mentioned that you're not able to accept/reject calls -- is everything else working fine when you touch the screen? How long has this been going on? With already working with Apple on this as well, it sounds to me like the phone is the issue and a warranty exchange may be in your future. What type of iPhone do you have? Do you have insurance on it? 

• cbecker0404

Re: Phone function and Speaker not working

Hello,

I have an iPhone 7 without insurance.

Everything else with phone appears to be working except for the speaker for incoming and outgoing calls. However, (1) I can make and hear calls fine if I am using headphones or a headset; (2) I can play and hear voicemails through the speaker; (3) I can play and hear music and videos through the speaker. The problem is just with incoming and outgoing calls, which is why I thought it was a T-Mobile issue.

Cassie Becker