Why Isn't My Data Working?

thorngarden

Hello there!

Earlier today I was using my phone, but I found that it wasn't loading anything. I checked to make sure that I wasn't connected to my house wifi still and that I simply didn't turn on my data, but when I checked, my data was on, but was displaying that my data was no longer supporting my device. I thought this was intriguing, so I went ahead and rebooted my phone to see if it would connect again, but it wasn't doing anything. In the top left corner of my iPhone 6plus, it has been showing three of the four bars are full, and the LTE symbol is there as well. For some reason, it just isn't connecting, and when I check my T-Mobile account to see if there was something wrong with it, I couldn't find anything alarming or different with it.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Thank you in advance for a response, have a lovely day/night!

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Why Isn't My Data Working?

You should install a network ping utility and try to "ping 8.8.8.8". This just asks Google if they're alive. If you get a reply, note the time each ping takes (normally between 30 and 800 ms) and how many packets get lost. This is the lowest-level test of network connectivity. If you get a reply, you are connected but there may be a problem. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Hey thorngarden

Just wanted to check in here to see how things are going? Were you still having issues with your data?

• thorngarden

Hi there!

I am no longer having issues with my data. I ended up having to call T-mobile, to which they had to reset something with my account and I had to leave my phone off for a little while during it. Soon after they did a reset and asked me to turn my phone back on, it started to work. I’m still unsure just why the problem occurred, but I’m relieved that it was resolved! Thank you so much for asking!