Click on Messages app
Click on 3 dots
Click on Settings
Click on Emergency alert settings
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Please try to follow the steps:
You can turn Emergency Alert messages on or off on your phone.
- From the Home screen, tap Messaging.
- Tap Menu > Settings > Emergency alerts.
- Enable or disable the following options
- Presidential alert (set to always on and cannot be turned off)
- Imminent extreme alert (ON/OFF)
- Imminent severe alert (ON/OFF)
- AMBER alerts (ON/OFF)
- Alert sound (ON/OFF)
- Alert vibration (ON/OFF)
- Sound and/or vibration during calls (ON/OFF)
Hope it resolved it all =)
On some newer devices, these optioons are no longer available. For Android (package varies by manufacturer), an ADB command to disable the app that receives these is the easiest way without rooting to achieve this. Check your device forum on XDA for any help needed for anyone with a device where these options are not available.