Solved

How to receive QR Code for eSim?

• 5 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi! I recently purchased a pre-paid eSIM for my iPhone XS Max, and I was able to successfully set it up and activate it. However, after a week abroad and having my phone on airplane mode and experiencing issues with my (Verizon) Primary line, I decided to remove the (T-Mobile) cellular data plan and reconfigure it. Is there any way I can receive a QR code to set it up again?

I already tried using the T-Mobile eSIM app, and it said it would only work for activating new lines, not setting up already activated ones.

Please help!

Laura

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 7 August 2019, 17:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey @lauraersoy

We are going to need to assist you with this over the phone so we can get your line converted. Please call us when you have a moment.

Is there any way to actually contact this company?? Two hours on the phone to SE Asian call center for what? to be told we will respond in 48hrs. How about not taking my money for 48hrs then when I pay in good faith for a service.

Email which bounced back.

Dear T-Mobile,

I have just spent 2hrs 15min (1.45hrs on hold) to your SE Asian call center to request a new QR code so I can use my service, only to be told I have to wait a further 24 to 48 hrs for the code to be sent.

I can’t believe such a thing to be the case considering the previous code was sent by the same call center on Wednesday in less than 5 min?

It would appear there is a lack of training or a systems failure somewhere as this should not take up to 48hrs to resolve.

I am traveling and urgently require a US number to be contacted on.

Please send a new QR Code as a matter of urgency.

I was speaking with a Supervisor named Cheryl – 8078502 who was unable to assist in any way other than referring the request on to another department – This level of customer service is simply not good enough given this is a digital provisioning matter which can clearly be resolved in seconds by a properly qualified person as per below.

Regards

From: noreply@salesforce.com [mailto:noreply@salesforce.com] On Behalf Of dualSIM
Sent: Wednesday, 2 October 2019 8:33 PM
To:
Subject: T-Mobile QR Code

Hello T-Mobile Customer,

Please use the attached QR Code to complete the download of your T-Mobile eSIM profile to your device. This is a one-time code for the Apple iPhone XS, XS Max, or XR and cannot be used on any other device.

To download the profile, follow the steps below:
• Open the attached QR Code using another device or computer
• On your iPhone XS, XS Max, or XR go to Settings> Cellular
• Tap Add Cellular Plan
• Use your iPhone to scan the QR code
• Follow the remaining on-screen prompts to finish the eSIM set up

If you have any questions, please contact T-Mobile Customer Care at 1-877-778-2106.

Thank you,
T-Mobile Support

Hi! I do have the same issue here, i accidentally removed the e-sim profile and can’t add the T-Mobile Phone number again! Is there any way to receive an QR Code associated to my T-Mobil account to reinstall a second line?

Thanks!

Hello!

Today I purchased a prepaid e-sim for my iPhone 12 Pro Max using the Prepaid eSIM app. The whole process went fine, payment, my new number, until the activation. The app saying that everything was fine, the phone (settings > cellular) saying that the second line was “Activating”. Suddenly (I assume that it failed to activate), the phone went back to just one line (my main physical SIM) and the app went back to the first screen asking for my email. When I type my email, it says error because the email already exists.

I live in Brazil and I’m traveling to US this week.

Is it only possible to activate the eSIM when in US? If it’s true, I’ll need the QR code to add the eSIM when arriving there, right?

Can you help me to get my QR code?

Thank you,

Tatiana