One Plus 7 Pro updates

flythew312

This will be the last time I buy a TMobile branded phone.  Phone is still on 9.5.7 and I see people on 9.5.10  I guess it is time to flash the international software to get updates to a phone .

All replies

• snn555

Re: One Plus 7 Pro updates

You say that now. However if TMobile carries another OnePlus phone that you want but you don't want to pay out of pocket full price with OnePlus, you'll probably get it from T-Mobile on EIP. Which is perfectly fine because there will probably be an international version of software for that model phone as well. So.

• syaoran

The latest update for the T-Mobile firmware (GM1915) is 9.5.8.  This firmware has massive issues with WiFi Calling.  The international/US (GM1917) also has major issues with the 9.5.9 update and to a lesser extent, the 9.5.10.  The 9.5.10 reintroduces the proximity sensor issue that was eliminated in 9.5.7.  If you think the T-Mobile firmware is behind, you should have a look at the 5G model that EE sells because they are the furthest behind in updates.  Updates for newer devices usually are about once every two months after the initial round of major bug fixes.  Like with any update for any carrier and device. what those firmware revision numbers mean will differ.  The next update for the T-mobile firmware will more than likely contain fixes in 9.6.9, 9.5.10, and 9.5.11 in a single update.  Once the update for the T-Mobile firmware is ready, then OnePlus will push it!  Until then, I totally can understand why they are not pushing 9.5.9 and 9.5.10 to the T-Mobile firmware right now. 

• syaoran

9.5.9 was released this morning by OnePlus for the T-Mobile firmware.  It contains the July 2019 security patch.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
            • bernest44

Just like with the OnePlus 6T, the OnePlus 7 Pro is available for purchase in T-Mobile stores in the US. Once you pay off its contract and use the device on the network for 40 days, you’re able to unlock the bootloader and do whatever you want with it. Until then, you’re stuck with T-Mobile’s slower updates. Those who purchased the OnePlus 7 Pro on T-Mobile still don’t have the camera improvements that were rolled out a week ago, for example.

But if you have a T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro,  there’s some good news. You can now install international firmware on the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro if you want! International firmware means faster updates, dual SIM support (if you buy a new SIM tray), and access to the latest Open Beta versions of OxygenOS. Even better, you can achieve all of that without a SIM unlock from T-Mobile or unlocking your bootloader. XDA TV’s Daniel Marchena tested it on his device, who confirmed that he could switch to international firmware without even having a SIM unlock.

Unlocking your bootloader breaks Google Play support, along with making it impossible to stream HD DRM-protected content from the likes of Hulu and Netflix. However, thanks to the hard work of XDA

• bernest44

No....that's my issue.