No 4G/LTE in Canada

magenta9304230

hello,

i am at the moment in Canada (Vancouver and Vancouver Island). i only get sometimes a 4G/LTE connection even when it is shown. When I go to 3G it seems to work everytime. Furthermore I only can use the BeÖl network

van someone help top Setup my iPhone XS correct

All replies

• syaoran

Re: No 4G/LTE in Canada

You should have 4G LTE when you connect to either the Bell/Telus network in Canada.  I am currently visiting Toronto and I have 4G LTE.  It does drop down to 3G when I place a call though but I am pretty sure that is related to the issues with my OnePlus 7 Pro because I get 4G LTE on my Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 and VoLTE works fine with my T-Mobile SIM.  Try powering off your device for a few minutes to allow it to refresh on the network.

Vancouver Island is also hit and miss for coverage.  Victoria has good coverage and so does Nanaimo.  Anywhere in between is very hit and miss for LTE or anything at all.  Once you leave the greater Vancouver area, coverage also tends to be very hit and miss.  Canada's two cellular networks are horrible outside of anywhere that doesn't have a population over 50,000 people. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta9304230

Many thanks for help.

I will be in Victoria on Monday and test again. But also when I was in Vancouver for 3 days i had the problem that my iPhone shows me LTE but I was ‚t Able to,open any website or have any data transfer. Then without anything to do it was working and later it wasn‘t.

only when I manually switch to 3g I always have a data connection. Furthermore i do not get any connection when a Manuel choose the Telus network.

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you get a chance to give our folks over the phone a call?

• magenta9304230

Hello

yes they advise to try #766# which brings the message prepaid Service not available

but then it works

today in the morning in Victoria once again only the data runs when I switched of LTE

during my short visit in the us during whale watching LTE is working but during the start in Victoria not

maybe there is still something wrong

I hope it will be better when I am back in victoris

so it looks like it is a problem only in Canada

• magenta9304230

It is the t-mobile @work one te

i am in canada for the next 2 weeks

• syaoran

Canada is a larger country than the US.  I am not having any issues with 4G LTE data in Toronto, Canada.  Can you be more specific as to what area you are having issues in?

• magenta9304230

I had the issue in Vancouver, Port alberni and Victoria

all should be have a fine LTE coverage

• syaoran

Yeah.  Those areas should be fine for coverage.  That is also the about 6 hours flying time to the west away from Toronto.

• tmo_chris

We are going to need to get a service ticket opened for this. If you have a moment, please either call us or use the Facebook or Twitter links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to gather the necessary information from you to get this process started.

• syaoran

Although Ontario is no where near British Columbia.  As I leave Toronto and head east to Kingston and then back down to Virginia.  I will try to pay attention to the connectivity of my OnePlus 7 Pro to see how things are getting away from a big metropolis.  Out here in Toronto though, I find my speeds for data are faster than what most of my family get on their Canadian plans, even if that company is the network I am roaming on to.   

• magenta9304230

I was on contact with the support via facebook

there is a block / issue with the roaming setting in my line

that can only be removed by an authorized person of my company which I now try to find

1 of 1 people found this helpful