Lg g7 pie update.

magenta9254721

Even though it still shows testing I got the pie update just now......seems like nothing has changed. At least nothing major. Anybody no what was changed?

All replies

• snn555

Re: Lg g7 pie update.

TMobile support pages are always months behind the factual timelines. If you were coming from Oreo to pie there's a lot of differences not all of it you can see in the user interface. Check some change logs for the G7 on various other Android websites and you should find a long list of new things.

• magenta1630146

I see a these changes:

• "Part Slo-mo" feature in the Slo-mo mode in camera
          • Dual App feature - allows you to install a copy of an app so you can log into that app using 2 different accounts (e.g., Facebook)
          • A new "Style" section containing "Buttons only" or "Gesture and buttons" seems to be added to the "Home Touch Buttons" setting. I believe this is an Android Pie feature.
          • The floating bar has a slightly different look - more rectangular
            • magenta9254721

Mainly I'm disappointed the UI hasn't changed much if any. Seems like they copied 8.0 and just added the small things u mentioned and called it pie for lg anyways. My gf has a note 8 and Samsung's UI changed alot and looks good. I was having issues with the fingerprint reader either being slow or not working completely and so far it feels snappy like it did when the phone was new.

• magenta5563563

Battery saver is showing a dramatic decrease in time saved.  I'm showing 98% on batt and the time remaining til dead is showing 5 hours 7 hours and 9 hours

• snn555

Each manufacturer has their own skin and LG's is probably short of Samsung the heaviest UI. So while some aspects of stock pie are seen manufacturers change their skin to their own liking.

• foty5

Got pie update about 2 weeks ago. Since then, having issues with notifications from android system asking what should happen when I plug my phone in. Change it to charge only and tap always, 30-60 seconds later get same message. As long as I have that message in my status bar, wireless charging won't work. Did factory reset like Lg said with no help. I now have an arrow pointing to the right in my battery icon. Battery seems to drain faster as well.

• magenta9526045

After the update, my LG G7 THINQ isn't automatically connecting to my car, Kia Niro 2019... It was perfect after the update now, even after wiped cache partition, reset network connections and finally, factory reset, it still no working. Can you guys please fix it? I was a Samsung user but, after a big disappointment, I decided to jump into LG's world. I love it and I'm happy with, especially that soon we will receive the so expected LG Pay.

But I need my Bluetooth connection fixed!

Thanks!