Data not working

magenta9131965

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help; I bought my sim card in May and am on a prepaid $40 a month plan with 10GB data (iPhone 6).

The first day it was activated, the data worked, then the following day it stopped. This went on for several days and then a few visits to stores and customer support phone calls (and 3 trouble tickets) later, a service rep managed to fix it over the phone by resetting the network.

I paid my bill for June on Friday and the same thing happened. Data worked for one day, then the following day it stopped. I called customer service but resetting the network didn't work this time and once again it was sent to engineering to fix but nothing has happened so far.

I've tried all the fixes suggested on the website and nothing works. I hope someone can help!

I'm in the States temporarily and will be leaving next Thursday so at this rate I will have paid an additional $40 for absolutely no reason, as data is what I needed the sim card for in the first place, which makes it all the more frustrating.

All replies

• ap2099

Re: Data not working

Hello! You can try a master reset of the phone? If you have done this and it still dose not work, based on what you have sated, I believe that the problem lays in the sim card itself. Have you tried a different sim card? Sim cards do go bad, and this is more often then you think!!

I hope this works for you!! Based on what you have said their is nothing wrong with your phone.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta9131965

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I have already tried a new sim card unfortunately! Would a master reset still work and would I lose all my phone data? Thanks again!

• ap2099

A master reset will deleat  all data on the phone. Make sure to do a back up before you do the reset. What the reset will do is put every thing like it was when it was first released. If you need help, let me know, and i will show you how to reset the phone, this is your last option, when nothing else seems to work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • tmo_mike_c

We totally want the data working for you again. Have you tried the suggestion above? Please let us know if that did the trick.

• magenta9131965

Hello,

No, I decided not to do a master reset of my phone; it’s too extreme and not worth the risk for a few days worth of service. Very disappointed with T Mobile’s service, especially as it has worked before on my phone so there should be no problem. Would not recommend this network for tourists who want to have data while in the States as it is extremely unreliable and I will be seeking a refund.