No service except T mobile some how sent me a text

dees455

I was in a area with no service.  I just happened to be looking at my phone checking for service when I got a text.  I could clearly see that all of a sudden I was getting 4g coverage when the text came in.  The text was from T mobile. Right after I read the text the 4g service went away.  If T mobile can send me a text and give 4g service when they wanted to why I can't I get service in that area. Apparently the only time you get service in the Avery Ca area is when T mobile wants to send you a text. I am sorry but I don't think that's right or fair. Obviously you can get service when T mobile wanted you to get it. So why not all the time. This isn't the first time this has happened in areas that I don't get service. I got 4g for the few seconds for T mobile  to send something but that is the only time.

Seem ridiculous to me.  When it  there needs you get it if not you don't. Then you have to drive 5 to 10 miles away to get service. 

Can you please explain why this happens and the purpose. Obviously you must be able to get service or I wouldn't have gotten a message.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey there! I just took a look at the coverage in Avery CA and it is very spotty I think what happened here was that your phone is dropping in and out of coverage and as soon as your phone has signal, any messages that were sent to you come flooding in which would explain why you got the text from us as soon as your phone had enough signal to retrieve messages sent to your line. How often to you travel this area? Is this where you live or work?

1 of 1 people found this helpful