Store forgot to add my trade-ins

scottbehr

About a month ago, I made the switch from Verizon. I traded in 5 Samsung phones to get new Pixel phones. They said that they pay me the trade-in value up front and then add a promotion to split the rest of the trade-in promotion over 24 months.

About 3 weeks later, a T-Mobile rep called me to check on everything and she discovered that the store did not add the promotion to the account. She told me I had to go back to the store to get it added. I went over the weekend and talked to the people at the store. They found out that the promotion expired the day before I came in so they could not add it. He said he would e-mail to the higher-ups to get an answer on this. It has been over a week and no information yet.

Why would they be able to go through the whole process, confirm the promotion to me, take my phones and proceed like nothing was wrong.

If the rep did not call me, it would have taken a few bills to realize I never got my trade-in promotion, which would have been very disappointing.

Can anyone at T-Mobile help?

While the cell service is better than Verizon for me, this has left a bad first impression for me.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Store forgot to add my trade-ins

Ah that's no good. We certainly want you to get that promo. Have you heard back from the store rep that tried to get you the promo? Did they mention anything about contacting you back, or have you reached out to them about the status of this?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • scottbehr

Thanks Mike. I did contact the store about 2 weeks ago and he said he had been out and was working on it, but I haven't heard back since. I am going to send another e-mail to him, but it feels like I am getting the runaround. I hope I am wrong.

• tmo_mike_c

Oh okay. When did you send the other email? Have you heard back from them or called the store back to speak with someone?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • scottbehr

Thanks, Mike.

I sent my 1st e-mail on June 28th after going to the store 2 weeks earlier. He responded on July 1st. Then I sent a follow-up on July 8th. No response since.

At this point, I am probably going to have to go to the store again, but it is a pain, since it is a 30 minute drive to that store. You may be asking why I chose that store instead of the 3 others on the way. We had errands to run in that area, so we thought it made sense. We didn't realize that we would have to go back due to this issue.

Thanks,

Scott