T-mobile location did not sell prepaid Tourist plan as asked

siliconpi

My wife went to a T-mobile location in Bellevue, WA and requested a prepaid Tourist Plan (as described here: T-Mobile ). However, the lady there sold my wife an "internet data plan" without any minutes, along with a starter kit! We paid $35 (before tax).

That's not what we asked for - and we are unable to use this SIM card for calling at all!!

Disappointing experience. We're stuck with something we don't need!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, that's  pretty odd and I'm sorry you didn't get what you were looking for at our store. Did they say why they didn't get you the Tourist Plan? Was this one of our Authorized T-Mobile stores or a 3rd party vendor?

• siliconpi

1. I am FURIOUS with T-mobile. You have created way more problems for us due to your internal confusions. We will NEVER be using your services again.

2. Please don't mark this thread as resolved unless it actually has been indicated as such by me.

3. My wife went again to the T-mobile store and was AGAIN told that they do not sell the "T-Mobile® Tourist SIM Activation Kit". She was told (in contradiction to what I chatted with your customer support) - that the product is only sold online and not in physical stores.

4. The store REFUSED to accept the return of the data-only pack that was sold to her (in DIRECT contradiction of what was told to me by T-mobile customer support on chat). She even SHOWED them the TRANSCRIPT of my conversation with T-mobile, still the store REFUSED!

5. She was further sold a NEW $15.25 connection. Since she was falsely sold a useless product the first time around, she had no choice but to waste additional money getting a new connection.

What a horrific experience we have had. I don't know what you folks are doing - I was a loyal T-mobile customer for several years when I was in the US - but this experience is a real eye-opener.

• siliconpi

Here is the transcript of my conversation with T-mobile customer support. I have not added the images of the receipt and SIM cards for privacy purposes (which was shared with the customer support).

Hi, how can we help today?

Me

at 23:38, Jun 17:

Issues with prepaid purchase in a store Read

T-Mobile

T-Mobile

Before we get started, are you currently a T-Mobile customer?

Me

Not yet. Read

T-Mobile

at 23:39, Jun 17:

Sorry-the wait may be a bit longer than usual today, but an agent will be with you soon!

Ulises

Hey there, what problem were you getting?

Me

Please have a look at this: https://support.t-mobile.com/message/684572#684572 - this is a very disappointing experience for us. Read

Ulises

at 23:41, Jun 17:

Let me read it. One minute please.

Ulises

at 23:42, Jun 17:

Very sorry for the inconvenience. Have you already tried to talk to the manager at that store?

Me

at 23:44, Jun 17:

No, I'm outside the US. My wife is in Bellevue. I had specifically asked her to go to a T-mobile store and request for this plan. She did, and was told that there isn't anything like that - and was given a data plan instead. Read

Me

at 23:45, Jun 17:

I dont want her to waste her time going back to the store if nothing can be done. And we certainly dont want to be wasting any more money if the right plan cannot be given. Read

Me

at 23:45, Jun 17:

I have a photo of the receipt and SIM card if that helps. Read

Ulises

at 23:46, Jun 17:

send it to me please.

Me

at 23:47, Jun 17:

Receipt Read

Me

at 23:48, Jun 17:

SIM card front / top Read

Me

at 23:48, Jun 17:

Card back Read

Ulises

at 23:49, Jun 17:

Thanks, give me one minute please.

Ulises

at 23:51, Jun 17:

Thanks, what we will do is get you over to one of our care experts to see if they can switch that plan to the tourist plan you request. I just need for you to leave this window open please.

Me

at 23:52, Jun 17:

Oh okay - if that can be done, that would solve the problem! Read

Nazrah

at 23:55, Jun 17:

1. This is Nazrah, your T-Mobile Expert.  I just read in the comment you have provided us on the website. This is certainly not the kind of experience we like you to have. May I please know the store we have visited?

Me

Store No. 7807 Read

Me

The receipt is provided in the first image shared. Read

Nazrah

at 23:57, Jun 17:

Thanks! I'll coordinate with our Offline Team to check how we can get it redone. If I understand it, what we'd like to have is a Tourist Plan, correct?

Me

Yes, that's right. Read

Nazrah

If I may ask, do we already have an existing Prepaid Account with us?

Me

at 23:58, Jun 17:

No, just this one. Read

Nazrah

at 23:59, Jun 17:

No worries, I'm on it. Please allow me 5-8 minutes and I'll be back with recommendations.

Me

at 23:59, Jun 17:

Okay - thanks Read

Nazrah

at 0:06, Jun 18:

Thanks for staying online! I have already spoke with our Offline Team. Since the order had been processed from the store, they will be the one who can processed the refund. I can guarantee that they should get you refunded for it.

Me

at 0:07, Jun 18:

Okay - so my wife will have to go back to the store? And will we get the Tourist plan now? Read

Nazrah

at 0:07, Jun 18:

Yes, you should be. Please let them know you have reached us about it and that they should replace what you have now with a Touris Plan.

Me

at 0:08, Jun 18:

Hmm - there is no way that what she has now can be converted to a Tourist plan? Read

Nazrah

at 0:09, Jun 18:

It will be best to have it replaced by them so you won't be charged for anything, I know you have already spent money for this sim card. It will be best if we can get it back to the.

Me

at 0:10, Jun 18:

Hmm - I'm not too confident that this will work, but I'll ask her to go back to the store with the transcript above... Read

Nazrah

at 0:11, Jun 18:

I can guarantee the this will work just fine. Your wife should get the Tourist Plan instead. You can even take a screenshot of this conversation to show to the Store Representatives.

• siliconpi

THE ORDEAL JUST NEVER ENDS! I've had it with T-mobile - will NEVER be touching their service again.

Hi, how can we help today?

Me at 4:43, Jun 25:

Issue with prepaid

Read

T-Mobile at 4:43, Jun 25:

T-Mobile

Before we get started, are you currently a T-Mobile customer?

I am!     Not yet.

Me at 4:43, Jun 25:

Not yet.

Read

T-Mobile at 4:43, Jun 25:

Sorry-the wait may be a bit longer than usual today, but an agent will be with you soon!

Ricardo at 4:44, Jun 25:

Hi, thank you for chatting in to T-Mobile today, my name is Ricardo, May I ask whom I'm speaking with today?

Me at 4:44, Jun 25:

Hi, I'm Sid. Could you please read this thread: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/151254

Read

Ricardo at 4:46, Jun 25:

Hi Sid, great to meet you.

Me at 4:46, Jun 25:

Hi Ricardo - did you get an idea of our experiences

Read

Ricardo at 4:46, Jun 25:

I read the thread.

Ricardo at 4:47, Jun 25:

Sorry in advance, tell me How can I assist you today?

Me at 4:49, Jun 25:

All we wanted was the $30 tourist plan, instead we have been made to run around and made to purchase unnecessary products. Your store has refused to honor the refund and to sell the required item. What is your response to that?

Read

Ricardo at 4:52, Jun 25:

Sid I'm really sorry, from here I really can do the change that you need.

Ricardo at 4:52, Jun 25:

But I'm going to connect you with the area where we can help you.

Me at 4:53, Jun 25:

In the above, did you mean to say you "can" or you "cannot"?

Read

Ricardo at 4:53, Jun 25:

Sorry I can't

Ricardo at 4:54, Jun 25:

But I Will Assure you that we find the way to do it.

Ricardo at 4:54, Jun 25:

Please give me a minute.

Me at 4:55, Jun 25:

Okay

Read

Johnnathaniel at 4:56, Jun 25:

Hey there, this is John Nathaniel, your dedicated T-Mobile Expert for today! Thank you so much for messaging us!

Johnnathaniel at 4:57, Jun 25:

This definitely isn’t the experience we want you to have with us so we appreciate you reaching out to let us know what’s going on. Let’s check it out together and see what we can do to help out!

Me at 4:57, Jun 25:

Okay

Read

Johnnathaniel at 4:58, Jun 25:

I just want to confirm if you still have an account to us so we can check it here?

Me at 4:59, Jun 25:

There is the data SIM card that was incorrectly sold to us. And there is the new SIM card (with voice) that was sold to us when my wife went to your store the second time.

Read

Me at 5:00, Jun 25:

What do you want to know?

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:02, Jun 25:

Thank you fro the information. I really want to help you our in order to get a refund so what I will do here is I will call you and I will connect you to our prepaid department since they are much knowledgeable regarding the prepaid concerns. May I have your number please?

Me at 5:03, Jun 25:

The data SIM card's number is:

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:04, Jun 25:

I mean your mobile number so I can call you.

Me at 5:05, Jun 25:

I'm outside the country. My wife is in the US - but I do NOT want you to call her - she is in meetings and has been hassled by all this a LOT already.

Read

Me at 5:05, Jun 25:

Do you need the SIM card numbers?

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:06, Jun 25:

To be honest, what I need here is her number so that our prepaid department can assist her. I hope you understand.

I'm here to help you.

It just so happens that we need to talk to your wife so we can provide some actions.

Me at 5:07, Jun 25:

Why? John - we have been falsely sold a product by T-mobile. Your store has REFUSED to honor what you folks on your online chat stated, and furthermore, we were sold an ADDITIONAL product instead of what we wanted.

Read

Me at 5:08, Jun 25:

What is your plan to rectify that - if any?

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:10, Jun 25:

I totally understand you and believe me, I want to help you here. But in order to process the refund. We need to talk to you or to your wife. If she is not available, you can also call our International customer support and here is their toll free number 1-505-998-3793

Me at 5:13, Jun 25:

Calling

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:14, Jun 25:

Great! By the way, while you are calling the, May i ask for the SIM card number?

Me at 5:17, Jun 25:

The data SIM card's number is: (removed for privacy reasons)

The voice SIM card's number is: (removed for privacy reasons)

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:17, Jun 25:

Thank you so much. Did you already talked to our international customer supports?

Me at 5:18, Jun 25:

Talking to them

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:18, Jun 25:

Perfect! Rest assure that they can help you. I'll wait for you here.

Me at 5:23, Jun 25:

I just got off the phone with them (without a resolution). I was charged heavily for that phone call - it is NOT a toll-free number!

Read

Me at 5:24, Jun 25:

I dont know why you would say that it was.

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:25, Jun 25:

To be honest, it is a toll free number since you mentioned that you are out of the US.

Me at 5:25, Jun 25:

To be honest, I was just charged a heavy sum for that call!

Read

Me at 5:26, Jun 25:

This is infuriating - T-mobile is really turning out to be an expensive and harrowing experience! I'm throwing good money after bad.

Read

Me at 5:28, Jun 25:

I simply see no point in continuing this conversation. My wife and I have wasted enough time and money with T-mobile.

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:30, Jun 25:

I really want to help you here but I hope you understand thank I don't have the full information on the account so I am checking all my resources here so I can provide a number that you can call. The next option that I can do is to call your wife so I can connect her to our prepaid department or If she is busy, I can send her the steps on how to schedule a callback so we can call her in her most convenient time. Would that work?

Me at 5:32, Jun 25:

Please DO NOT BOTHER HER with all this nonsense - I have stated that VERY clearly upfront. I have learned my lesson by trusting T-mobile.

Read

Me at 5:32, Jun 25:

Good bye.

Read

Johnnathaniel at 5:35, Jun 25:

I really do apologies for the inconvenience.

• barcodeable

I am very sorry that both you and your wife had this horrible experience. Many stores have representatives that are not knowledgeable of how to actually conduct business. They are not aware of how to treat the customer. I hope you have a better experience with another carrier. As far as informing the readers of this post to not use T-Mobile services... I will strongly disagree with that statement. I have had (for the most part) a great experience with T-Mobile, so I would personally ignore your suggestions. What I would say is... based on the horrible experience you had... to be careful dealing with T-Mobile’s Prepaid services.... T-Mobile totally failed you, but if you don’t give them an opportunity to rectify this problem in a way that will satisfy you in the end... how can you be angry with them. I read what you copy and pasted from your chat session... and the one rep was attempting to fix what the previous representatives could not fix for whatever reason.

I personally had issues with my Postpaid Plan.. and several reps did not assist me properly... but I finally had a rep understand my dilemma and made things right. They fixed my problem, and I went approximately 5 to 6 months without having to pay my $145 monthly bill due to all of the credits they added to my account due to them trying to keep me as a customer. It worked... because im still here.

I would suggest to contact the Prepaid Department again to get this fixed. I personally wouldn’t send my wife back to the store either... I can imagine how she feels. She may think she is at fault (which she isn’t). My wife would be terrified about interacting with these people.... so I do understand your frustration as a husband that is in another country. If you give T-Mobile the opportunity, im sure they will refund your money back.

Have a great day...

I hope things work out well for you.

and if you do go to another carrier, I hope you are happy with them

T-Mobile just lost another customer.