Horrible coverage

magenta8832620

I’m getting sick of there coverage in my area, I checked the coverage on the coverage map and it says that it’s high speed LTE data in my area and that’s a lie, sometimes I have no service at all, and sometimes I get EDGE and when it’s raining and cloudy then I have no signal at all. Someone please fix this, I love —mobile but I only have so much patience with them.

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Horrible coverage

Hi there, I am sorry you having coverage issues but I wanted to ask if you knew anyone else in the area with T-mobile that was affected? I also wanted to ask what device you use? It is possible that there is indeed LTE coverage in your area but that your device doesn't support the frequency being used. I also want to take the time to say this forum is mainly made up of fellow customers although their are a few employees on it that help answer questions.

If you wanted to report the coverage issue with T-mobile you could do so by dialing 611 on your device and file a ticket but I figure before doing that we could gather a little information to ensure it gets resolved in a meaningful way. In the meantime, if you have home internet you can set up Wi-Fi calling on your device so that calls and texts will be sent and received over your internet connection. You can also look into signal boosters that T-mobile provides to customers if you don't have Wi-Fi.

• magenta8832620

I have the iPhone XR and yes some people in my area are having the same issue.

• dragon1562

Ok, well the device does have support for all the bands T-mobile uses. It also supports Wi-Fi calling. I would suggest setting that up in the meantime and calling into T-mobile directly to file a trouble ticket for the affected areas. I do want to ask though when looking at the coverage map for your area what exactly did it say. Was it marked as fair?

• syaoran

Requesting a cell spot might help temporarily.  Where I am, the coverage is great in the winter months but the summer months, the thick vegetation kills off the signal from all providers towers locally.

iPhone's, especially ones with Intel modems, have very poor reception compared to devices with Qualcomm modems in them.  Do you happen to hane an S9/S9 Plus or know someone with one to compare their experience on T-Mobile against in the same area? 

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta8832620!

A few great suggestions were made, but I'd like to take a look at the area you're experiencing this in to see if anything is going on. What's the zip code? Also, have you had the chance to speak with Tech Support about this yet?

• magenta8832620

My zip code is 48446 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

• tmo_amanda

Thanks! I checked out the area and don't see anything that would raise any flags. Have you talked with Tech Support over the phone to have them look at the area? They're able to look a little closer at the area and work with our Engineers to figure out what's going on with your signal.

• lettie4877

Thanks! I checked out the area and don't see anything that would raise any flags. Have you talked with Tech Support over the phone to have them look at the area? They're able to look a little closer at the area and work with our Engineers to figure out what's going on with your signal.

I wanted to ask if you knew anyone else in the area with T-mobile that was affected? I also wanted to ask what device you use? It is possible that there is indeed LTE coverage in your area but that your device doesn't support the frequency being used. I also want to take the time to say this forum is mainly made up of fellow customers although their are a few employees on it that help answer questions.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta8832620!

Just checking in to see if you've worked with Tech Support yet to potentially file a service ticket on your behalf. Keep us posted!