Samsung S6 was locked again

snrkannan16

I have paid all bill for the device and unlocked it 2 years ago. but My Samsung s6 was locked again on Jan 2019, From that day onwards im trying to fix this, i called customer care, i tried Tmobile store multiple times,

All i get  a one same email saying

1) Launch the Device Unlock app

2) On the first screen, select continue to connect to the server

3) Wait for the device to connect to the server

4) Select the type of unlock: Temporary or Permanent

5) Please wait until the app connects to your carrier and requests to unlock

6) When an "Unlock Approved" message is received

7) Once received restart the device to apply the new unlock settings

Note: The temporary unlock is available only for 30 days after which the device will lock back to T-Mobile

That above mentioned option is not working. is there any one to help.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Samsung S6 was locked again

Have you tried clearing your system cache then trying the unlock app?

1 of 2 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble getting your phone unlocked Did the suggestion from gramps28  help?

• snrkannan16

i tried all those options, nothing is working

• snrkannan16

Im tried of calling 611. Kindly give any direct number to call you

• gramps28

There's no direct number but if you use social media you can contact a higher

tier of support by using messenger in Facebook or twitter pages.

• snrkannan16

I called 611 and they are saying you need to pay 100$ credit to unlock, Means you guys are keep on forcing me to pay money from my pocket for your problem. Good work T-Mobile keep continue to all customers, will be so happy.

And the last one, No one in the T-mobile ready to understand what is the actual issue. You people stand in your own point and saying this is how the system is. and if i ask to move this issue to the next level no response from your side. Thanks and Thanks for all the support

T-Mobile down down
                        • gramps28

Out of curiosity are you a current or former customer and on a prepaid plan?

If you're a former customer and even though it was unlocked before you left and it has somehow relocked, unfortunately Tmobile doesn't unlock phones for former prepaid customers which may be why calling a standard rep you get that answer.

Have you tried Tmobile support on Facebook or Twitter? They are a higher tier of support.

• snrkannan16

I bought this device 2 years back under postpaid plan and it was unlocked properly after the full payment for the device. Later i dropped the number for my own reason. I have used this device more than a year with different carrier in India. All of sudden on Jan 2019 the device said it was locked and could not use with other carrier. I have spoken with customer care and they asked for some account details of my closed account which i dont have any. I tried multiple times but nobody understand my issue. Last month i came to USA and went to T-mobile store and explain my situation. They tried something thing, for that all i got the email saying to unlock  using the device app. So the store people  said you have to T-mobile customer then only we can proceed further. So i bought a Tmobile prepaid connection and continuing my fight with you.

Edited by tmo_amanda to remove personal information

• magentatechie

Alright, so what you're describing is a device "block," which means it cannot be activated on any carrier.  This often happens when the account has a past due balance, since the account has been closed for more than a year, it's likely that it's already gone to a third party collection agency.  Something to try would be to pull your credit report and see if you have any collections accounts.  If the account has been written off and sold by T-Mobile, you'll have to work with the agency directly.  Once the balance is paid, the device can be unblocked.  (You can get a free credit report here.)

• snrkannan16

No, I have paid full amount for the device and then only  i unlocked . There is no chance of pending payment.

FYI(but i checked the Credit karma, i dont have any third party collection.)

• snrkannan16

See how cool Tmobile service is.

I purchased a mobile and paid full amount for Unlocking and Tmobile did.

After 2 year with no any reason  simply locked my device.

Customer care say  i have no option Check with Tmobile store.

Tmobile store saying i have no option Check with Customer care or Tmobile community

Tmobile support community saying i have no option check with Facebook or Twitter.

They too saying i have no option check with someone else...

Is there anyone i missed begging for this issue

Marvelous good going keep it up.....

• snrkannan16

i tried all types of option nobody ready to help me.  you are my final hope.(just imagine im trying since Jan, almost 6 months how frustration it is.)

Please do something.

• magentatechie

Did you by chance reach out to T-Force as suggested above (Either on Facebook or Twitter)?  Unfortunately, no one here can access your account, but they can securely check and see what's up with it.  Did you try checking the IMEI? I'm curious as to the phone being "locked" to T-Mobile, or if it is "blocked" for an unpaid bill or something. You can do that here.

• snrkannan16

this is what i got from your facebook team

Chat Conversation Start

1. 5.6M people like this including Prabha Ram and 1 friend

Shopping & Retail

JAN 28, 2019, 9:48 PM

My Samung s6 locked again, help me to unlock

its been unlocked more than a year

but suddenly last week it locked again

i tried with customer care, they are asking some passcode, but i dont have anything

my old phone number

is there anyone to reply

Hey there, Kannan! Thank you so much for getting in touch with us tonight! How's your night going so far? Good, I hope! Thank you so much for hanging in there with us during this busy night! I really appreciate your awesome patience!  I definitely want to help you out as much as I can with your phone! Can you let me know if you've used this phone on a T-Mobile account? We are going to need access to the T-Mobile account that the phone was used on in order to see if it meets our unlock requirements! Let me know! *ColleenLicudine

atlast

thanks

yeah i used with tmobile

all i have my old mobile number

and having somthing called account number from my old bill

are u ther please reply

anyone

helllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks for your response

Thanks for getting that info to us Kannan! I apologize for the delay in getting back to you - we work with multiple customers at a time and we answer messages in the order they come in. We definitely aren't a live chat, but more like email! We have been quite popular tonight and we're trying to get back to everyone asap, so I appreciate your patience tonight! Let's see if we're able to get that T-Mobile account verified - can you fill out our secure widget and send me another message to let me know when you've been able to fill that out? Thanks in advance! *ColleenLicudine

Facebook Authentication

Facebook Authentication

1. secure.message.t-mobile.com

Please Authenticate

JAN 29, 2019, 12:28 AM

hello

is there anyone

Thank you for clicking that link. Can you provide me the IMEI for the device and the type of device you're using please? *JoySimmons

one sec

Have you used the unlock app on your device Kannan? *JoySimmons

yes i did

its been ulocked more than a year

*unlocked

Okay have you used it since it was locked again? *JoySimmons

yes i did

im using different carrier

its worked till jan 24th

helloo

Can you tell me what the error message you're getting on your device when you try to unlock it? *JoySimmons

before that can u please reply bit quickly

says Unlock Failed: this mobile device is not eligible for unlock. For device Unlock eligibility details please go online or contact customer care

common man im messing more that 3 hrs

*messaging

please reply fast

are u ther

is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone is there anyone

No I'm sorry I can't this is not a live chat service. As stated by the previous rep this is more of an email service then a live chat. The pin pass code you provided doesn't match what I have here on my end. Do you remember another one that you would've used? *JoySimmons

Facebook Authentication

Facebook Authentication

1. secure.message.t-mobile.com

Please Authenticate

i did

I'm still not getting in. Any others? *JoySimmons

do i need to give pin / passcode , i mean both in mentioned format?

I am sorry that these are not working as well, my friend. When you go to your apps, do you see the mobile device unlock app? *JamiePitcher

yes i did that

is there any other way

When the phone is unlocked, that app should go away, so that is why I asked that. Have you tried clearing out the app cache and restarting trying again? *JamiePitcher

yeah i did

Can you tell me the error you are seeing when you go to the unlock app? That pin is not working on this end as well. I wish I had an option to override, but the only other option would be to head in store with ID so they can get into the account, my friend. *JamiePitcher

says Unlock Failed: this mobile device is not eligible for unlock. For device Unlock eligibility details please go online or contact customer care

Thanks for that info, Kannan. At this point, I am out of options without getting into the account. Once the phone is unlocked that app should go away, so I would need to get into the account to check things further. *JamiePitcher

everyone saying this only

If I had more options, my friend. I would offer them to you in a minute! *JamiePitcher

First its unlocked year ago, which means its my damn phone, because of ur techinical issue im suffering.

its clean cheating

Tmobile down down

you im pretty sure what i gave the passcode is correct

if its not accessible its not my fault

and who are u to lock my phone again

i gave my imei details, run anything and check whether its locked are not

without that you guys keep asking me

is this is the way to treat ex customer

and more thing how could you guys respond this much faster

oh god

I hear you, my friend. It is definitely not my intention to make this tough on you. Security it still in place even when you leave, and we take it very seriously.I have tried all the codes you gave and none of them got into the account. The only way to check in would be with ID at the store, so they can look into why this is happening, without getting into the account, I don't have the option to push the unlock through, I am sorry that the answer is not going to change here, Rameshkumar, you would need to go in store with ID to reset things. *JamiePitcher

if im able to go to Tmobile why im shouting here

Im in India right now

if you couldnt do anything take this issue to next level

why you guys keep on asking me which i dont have anything

last thing what is the pattern of passcode

do i need to give pin / passcode , i mean both in mentioned format?

1. gone...

We need to get into the account to take a look at why this is happening, without getting into the account, we have no way to take this to the next level without an account to work with. We have no way to bypass security, we need the pin or passcode used on the account when you set up the account and need to call in. Without this code, we have no way to get to the info we need to help. *JamiePitcher

check this

that is the only one i have

i mean the pin

That one is coming up incorrect as well, Kannan. Maybe there is someone else on the account that you can reach out to that might remember. *JamiePitcher

who is that someone

my acc closed on april 2018 itself

and how could this work

I am sorry that without the pin on the account I am not able to access it to check on the unlock. If you had other people on the account was merely a suggestion to help, due to security, I cannot see or give you the account info, I don't even have the option to open it. We have no way to reset the pin without ID in the store. I am sorry, my friend, we are like fish out of water without getting into the account. *JamiePitcher

did u tried the new one

Yes, I tried the new one, Kannan. Still no match. *JamiePitcher

try that

if not working

what is the option to reset the passcode

That one is showing incorrect as well. I have reached the limit here that I can try for the next 48hrs, Kannan. The only way to reset it is in store with ID. I wish I had more options. You can reach back out if you think of anything else, after Friday. *JamiePitcher

• snrkannan16

This is what i got

Device is on the global IMEI whitelist.

The device has been registered and is an authentic IMEI number.

Device is not on the global IMEI blacklist.

The device is not currently flagged as lost/stolen.

Means no issue with my device.

Also i tried that IMEI check , they said account is needed

• magentatechie

Hmmm... that's odd.  I mean, they can check the IMEI without accessing an account, but perhaps if there is account-specific information regarding the phone, they wouldn't be able to share that without verifying the account.

Try this one and see if you get anything different:

IMEI Status Check | See if Your Phone Works on T-Mobile 4G Network

If the device hasn't been blacklisted, you are talking about a "lock" and not a "block".  I am sorry to say that no one over the phone or on the website will be able to access your account because they won't have a way to send you the one-time PIN for verification.  The only hope would be going to the store with a photo ID; when you went to the store before, were they able to pull up your account with the phone number or account number?

• snrkannan16

This is what i got

IMEI STATUS CHECK

Congratulations

Congratulations! Your device is ready for use. Select one of the SIM cards on the previous page to get started.

The T-Mobile IMEI look up tool is for informational purposes only. The status of a device is subject to change at any time. T-Mobile is not responsible for any device blocking that is not disclosed or that occurs at a later date.

Yeah im taking about lock only(i coundnt use other carrier). In the store they able to pull up my record. but they said they dont have any unlock facilities in store

• magentatechie

Ok! Sorry about my confusion there!  So the store was able to pull up and verify the account with your photo ID?  They were mostly right about not being able to request the unlock- when we submit one to the unlock team for a device that uses the unlock app (like most Androids), it comes back with the e-mail that you received before.  Did you purchase the device directly from T-Mobile or did you get it from a third party or Samsung directly?

• snrkannan16

From T-Mobile  store

• magentatechie

Hmmmm... interesting.  So I have to ask, I know you've been struggling with this for a while now, but do you mind sharing the troubleshooting steps you attempted so far?  For example, cleared the Device Unlock app's cache and data?

Settings>Apps>Device Unlock>Storage>Clear Data, after you do this, turn the phone completely off and perform the following:

1. Turn off the device.
                                              2. Press and hold the Volume up, Home, and Power keys together.
                                              3. When the Samsung Galaxy S 6 logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
                                              4. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume up and Home keys. 'Installing system update' appears for 30 - 60 seconds, followed by the Android system recovery menu.
                                              5. Press the Volume down key until 'wipe cache partition' is highlighted.
                                              6. Press the Power key to select.
                                              7. Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted.
                                              8. Press the Power key to select.
                                              9. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
                                              10. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Forgive me if you've already taken these steps, just have to make sure we haven't left anything off.  Unfortunately, if the above doesn't get us anywhere, you are most likely looking at a factory reset on the phone.

• snrkannan16

No luck for those steps, and Already I did factory reset at least 10 times

• snrkannan16

what is the next step i need to do?

• snrkannan16

is there anyone