Tower upgrades

magenta8490268

when are they going to upgrade tower in my area

rep said I would have to go outside to get a signal.  Tower is two blocks away

All replies

• magenta8490268

Re: Tower upgrades

Adding  to my original post, I requested a service ticket to improve coverage in my area in june of 2018.   When I called back periodically to check with support I was told they are working on tower upgrades in my location.   Apparently someone was giving me the wrong information,nothing has been done.   The last rep I spoke with said signal couldn’t go through my house.   Not only does another carriers signal reach my house but it is comparable to Wifi speeds of 92mbs down.  Rep suggested I get WiFi in my house if I want to continue with T-Mobile as my second carrier or go outside if I want T-Mobile data coverage.  I am in a city of 100,000 people not a rural area which that suggestion for a T-Mobile customer would be understandable.  

• tmo_chris

I totally understand the importance of having reliable coverage at your home! What is your ZIP code there? I can take a look and see what is going on there.

• magenta8490268

ZIp code is 16505

• tmo_chris

So at a high level, I am not seeing any upgrades planned. I do however see an issue with one of the towers in your area that started this morning and the techs are already looking into it. The coverage in this area is very strong in general so it is odd that you are having trouble getting signal. While signal can have some trouble with specific buildings, we do have a range of in-home coverage options. Is there an area of your home where you are able to get signal? Do you have highspeed internet in your home?

• magenta8490268

On the Twitter feed from Mr. Neville Ray ,CTO T-Mobile , today states that uprade to towers have happened in select cities in the United States.   When enquiring out the tower upgrades for Erie, Pa. the rep said three towers were upgraded, however the tower two blocks from my house was not.   The rep said this tower is weak and can’t penetrate houses?

Maybe you can talk to the Corporate Tower Engineering team and see why they will not make this usable.

• drnewcomb2

You made the earlier post about data speeds in Erie PA.

Erie seems to have a lot of dead spots. I think I mentioned before that I wouldn't advise holding one's breath while waiting for T-Mobile to come fix issues.